Elizabeth Ann Smith1
|Father*||Philip Smith b. 23 May 1854, d. 12 Nov 1924|
|Mother*||Ann Todd b. 10 Dec 1855, d. 14 Feb 1887|
|Charts||Michael Jefferies' ancestors|
Louise Simon's ancestors
Thomas Galton's descendants
Joseph Smith's descendants
John Read Bettles' descendants
Thomas Gatrell's descendants
|Birth*||2 FEB 1875||Elizabeth Ann Smith was born on 2 FEB 1875 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.2,3|
|Name Variation||She was also known as Lizzie.4|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881||She lived with Philip Smith and Ann Todd at Deeping Gate, Northamptonshire, England, together with Herbert Smith, Philip Cornelius Smith, Walter Smith and Ruth Smith.5|
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1891||The occupation of Elizabeth Ann Smith was 'as Domestic Housekeeper (for her father).6'|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891||She lived with Philip Smith at High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Ruth Smith, Emma Smith, Walter Smith, Stephen Smith and Martha Smith.7|
|(Witness) PHOto||Elizabeth Ann Smith witnessed the photo of Philip Smith at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.8|
|Residence*||30 MAR 1901||Elizabeth Ann Smith lived at Bayard Lodge, Parkstone Road, Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, England.9|
|Note*||30 MAR 1901||She Walter Marston,a Director of Marston's Dolphin Brewery Ltd - Poole and who came from Market Deeping. on 30 MAR 1901 at Poole, Dorset, England.10|
|Employment*||30 MAR 1901||She was employed as a Domestic Housemaid (with sister Martha) at Poole, Dorset.11|
|(Witness) Employment||30 MAR 1901||She witnessed the employment of Martha Smith on 30 MAR 1901 at Longfleet, Poole, Dorset.12|
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1903||Elizabeth Ann Smith married Tom Galton, son of Edward Thomas Galton and Sarah Ann Davis, on 25 MAY 1903 at The Bible Christian Church, Fawcett Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England, witnessed by Harry Galton and Nellie Galton.13,14|
|Married Name||Her married name was Galton.15|
|Residence||2 APR 1911||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton lived at 9 Chapel Lane, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Hattie Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.16|
|Employment||2 APR 1911||Elizabeth Ann Smith was employed as an office cleaner, auctioneers.17|
|(Witness) Note||She witnessed the note of Philip Smith and Clara Hack.18|
|Residence||10 JUN 1918||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton lived at 142 High Street, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Emma Smith, Edith Elsie Galton, Hattie Galton and Philip Edward Tom Galton.19|
|PHOto||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton are in the family photo, taken in Poole, 1923. with Hattie Galton, Philip Edward Tom Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.20|
|Residence||1925||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton lived at EDHAPHIL, 32 Serpentine Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Hattie Galton, Philip Edward Tom Galton and Edith Elsie Galton ; named after the three children at home.21|
|Residence*||5 DEC 1930||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton lived at Poole, Dorset, together with Edith Elsie Galton and Philip Edward Tom Galton.22|
|(Witness) Residence||MAR 1936||Elizabeth Ann Galton lived with Frank William Jefferies B.A and Edith Elsie Galton at 1 Corby Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, England, together with Tom Galton.21,23|
|Note*||MAR 1936||Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton moved to Swindon as Elizabeth was so ill in MAR 1936.21|
|Death*||8 AUG 1936||Elizabeth Ann Smith died on 8 AUG 1936 at Swindon, Wiltshire, aged 61.24|
|Burial*||AUG 1936||She was buried in AUG 1936 at Witworth Road Cemetery, Swindon, Wiltshire, England.25|
|Tom Galton b. 12 Jun 1875, d. 4 Feb 1948|
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1903||She married Tom Galton, son of Edward Thomas Galton and Sarah Ann Davis, on 25 MAY 1903 at Portsmouth, Hampshire, witnessed by Harry Galton and Nellie Galton.13,14|
|Last Edited||5 Jul 2017|
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, birth, Elizabeth Ann, Market Deeping; father Philip Smith, mother Ann Todd. no 452.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, birth, Elizabeth Ann, father Philip Smith, mother Ann Todd. Market Deeping, no 452.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping 1882; birth dates.
- [S33] Written family correspondence, and in some census returns.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, Philip as widower, dau. Elizabeth as housekeeper.
- [S37] Family photo, The Smiths.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, research by MGJ on Dolphin's Brewery.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, in household of W Marston, Director, Dolphin Brewery.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age 19, as cook servant.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage, Tom Galton, 27, father Edward Thomas (dec.), & Elizabeth Ann Smith, 28, father Philip Smith; Portsmouth, Hants., Page 9, no 18.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping 1882; marriage, Southsea Hants.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage.
- [S68] The 1911 census, 5 rooms.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a letter from EEG to LJ, June 1985.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a Visitors Declaration Form, B.M. 24, Ministry of Food by E Smith, to household of E Galton, 142 High Street, Poole. 10 Jun 1918 and other ration books of the time.
- [S37] Family photo, Family Group.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Galton Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Marriage Certificate of Edith E Galton.
- [S124] 1939 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death; age 61, Swindon, Wilts, 1(a) Secondary Carcinoma Liver (b) Primary Carcinoma Intestine, No. 230. 1936. original.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, listed as Grave #433 Sec F.