|Father*||Tom Galton b. 12 Jun 1875, d. 4 Feb 1948|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Ann Smith b. 2 Feb 1875, d. 8 Aug 1936|
|Charts||The Galtons of Poole|
The Davis' of Christchurch
The Gatrells from Christchurch
The Smiths of the Deepings
The Bettles of the Deepings
The Todds of Rutland & the Deepings
|Birth*||21 DEC 1905||Hattie Galton was born on 21 DEC 1905 at 2 Trafalgar Row, Poole, Dorset, England.2,3,4|
|Baptism||4 FEB 1906||He was baptized on 4 FEB 1906 at St Paul's Church, Poole, Dorset, England.5|
|Marriage*||14 JUN 1941||He married Ann Ziprick, daughter of Mastire N E Ziprick and Minnie ?, on 14 JUN 1941 at Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.6|
|Death*||26 JAN 1974||Hattie Galton died on 26 JAN 1974 at Winnipeg, Manitoba, aged 68.|
|Burial*||He was buried at Brookside Cemetery, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.7|
|Note*||4 FEB 1906||Called 'Hattie' after a friend of his father's known as Hattie Bugde (Hatton Budge.)8|
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at 9 Chapel Lane, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Edith Elsie Galton.9|
|(Witness) Note||Hattie Galton witnessed the note of Edith Elsie Galton.10|
|(Witness) Residence||10 JUN 1918||Hattie Galton lived with Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton at 142 High Street, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Emma Smith, Edith Elsie Galton and Philip Edward Tom Galton.11|
|Note||1924||Hattie Galton worked in a Solicitors office but found it deadly dull so he took up an invitation to work for his maternal uncle, Stephen Smith #216. q.v. in 1924.8|
|(Witness) Residence||1925||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at EDHAPHIL, 32 Serpentine Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Philip Edward Tom Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.8|
|Name Variation||Hattie Galton was also known as Harry.8|
|Residence*||20 APR 1925||He lived at Poole, Dorset.12|
|Emigration*||24 APR 1925||He emigrated on 24 APR 1925 from Southampton, Hampshire, England.13|
|Residence||3 MAY 1925||He lived at Transcoma, Manitoba, Canada.14|
|Occupation||3 MAY 1925||The occupation of Hattie Galton was 'given as Clerk; to do Farm Work.15'|
|Employment*||MAY 1933||He was employed as Railroad Carpenter for the CPR.16|
|Note||6 MAY 1933||He arrived from Quebec on 6 MAY 1933 at Southampton, Hampshire.17|
|(Witness) Residence||6 MAY 1933||He lived with James Henry Dibben and Nellie Galton at The Wellington Hotel, Aldershot, Hampshire, England, together with Irene Alice Dibben.17|
|Note||20 JAN 1934||On return to Canada gives destination address as to Mrs Harry Galton (Euphamia Green - m.31 Mar 1928), 1560 Alexander Avenue, Winnipeg. on 20 JAN 1934 at Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.18|
|Note||fr 1940 - 1945||Hattie Galton joined the Merchant Navy & worked in the dockyards as a carpenter fr 1940 - 1945 at St John's, Newfoundland, Canada.8|
|Residence*||1965||He and Ann Ziprick lived at 877 Dominion Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.19|
|(Witness) Marriage||25 MAY 1968||Hattie Galton witnessed the marriage of John Howard Mathieson and Elaine Ann Galton on 25 MAY 1968 at Harstone Uniting Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.6|
|Ann Ziprick b. 17 Nov 1914, d. 17 Feb 1981|
|Marriage*||14 JUN 1941||Hattie Galton married Ann Ziprick, daughter of Mastire N E Ziprick and Minnie ?, on 14 JUN 1941 at Winnipeg, Manitoba.6|
|Last Edited||25 Aug 2018|
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Birth certificate.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, birth, short, Poole, Dorset, No. 219, Book 49. 1905.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jan-Mar 1906, vol 5a 256.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping 1882; birth dates; at 1/4 to 2 in the morning.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Hattie Galton, father Tom; mother Elizabeth Ann, St Pauls, Poole, no 365, p 46.
- [S30] Mathieson, Howard (201) letter.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, www.findagrave.com. no 111457292.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Galton Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, 5 rooms.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a letter from EEG to LJ, June 1985.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a Visitors Declaration Form, B.M. 24, Ministry of Food by E Smith, to household of E Galton, 142 High Street, Poole. 10 Jun 1918 and other ration books of the time.
- [S61] Passengers, on Canadian passenger list, Quenec: MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Immigration passenger lists: Quebec, MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Passenger List, MV Antonia at Quebec.
- [S61] Passengers, given on passenger list: MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, UK Incoming Passenger List 1878-1960.
- [S61] Passengers, UK Incoming Passenger List, MV Montrose at Southampton.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Passenger List 1865-1935, Jan 1934, 'Montcalm', Returned Canadian List. From Liverpool to Halifax, 12 Jan 1934.
- [S111] Canada Census, Electoral Register, Winnipeg South Central ,1965, p 1.