Philip Edward Tom Galton1
|Father*||Tom Galton b. 12 Jun 1875, d. 4 Feb 1948|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Ann Smith b. 2 Feb 1875, d. 8 Aug 1936|
|Charts||The Galtons of Poole|
The Davis' of Christchurch
The Gatrells from Christchurch
The Smiths of the Deepings
The Bettles of the Deepings
The Todds of Rutland & the Deepings
|Birth*||31 MAY 1914||Philip Edward Tom Galton was born on 31 MAY 1914 at Poole, Dorset, England.2,3|
|Marriage*||APR 1939||He married Eileen Theresa Best in APR 1939 at Swindon, Wiltshire, England.4|
|Death*||15 FEB 1945||Philip Edward Tom Galton died on 15 FEB 1945 at Germany aged 30 killed in action.5|
|Burial*||1945||He was buried in 1945 at Reichswald Forest War Cemetary, Kleve, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.6|
|(Witness) Residence||10 JUN 1918||He lived with Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton at 142 High Street, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Emma Smith, Edith Elsie Galton and Hattie Galton.7|
|(Witness) Residence||1925||Philip Edward Tom Galton lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at EDHAPHIL, 32 Serpentine Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Hattie Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.8|
|Employment*||1930||Philip Edward Tom Galton was employed as Compositor after apprenticeship to a Bournemouth printing firm at Poole, Dorset.8,9|
|(Witness) Residence||5 DEC 1930||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at Poole, Dorset, together with Edith Elsie Galton.10|
|Note*||1935||Philip Edward Tom Galton was a member of the Poole Town Band, played brass instruments. in 1935 at Poole, Dorset, England.8|
|Residence||29 SEP 1939||He and Eileen Theresa Best lived at 5 Avon Road, Devizes, Wiltshire, England.11|
|Milit-Beg*||1939||Philip Edward Tom Galton began military service in 1939, Military Police.8|
|Occupation*||1940||The occupation of Philip Edward Tom Galton was 'Typesetter; Wiltshire Gazette.12'|
|Residence*||1940||He and Eileen Theresa Best lived at 410 Ringwood Road, Parkstone, Dorset, England.13|
|Milit-End*||15 FEB 1945||Philip Edward Tom Galton ended military service on 15 FEB 1945.5|
|Last Edited||18 May 2018|
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1914, vol 5a 436, mother Smith.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Dep 1914, vol 5a 436.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping, 1882; birth dates; at 12 noon, Whit Sunday.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, Philip ET Galton & Eileen T Best; Swindon, Wilts., Apr-Jun 1939, vol 5a 130.
- [S50] Official communication, UK Army Roll of Honour. 5575814 Private Philip Galton, 15 Feb 1945, Hampshire Regiment.
- [S50] Official communication, Official notification of burial site.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a Visitors Declaration Form, B.M. 24, Ministry of Food by E Smith, to household of E Galton, 142 High Street, Poole. 10 Jun 1918 and other ration books of the time.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Galton Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S124] 1939 census, Printer's Jobbing Compositor.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Marriage Certificate of Edith E Galton.
- [S124] 1939 census, wife hidden.
- [S66] Obit., from Wiltshire Gazette, 1945.
- [S66] Obit., in obituary from Wiltshire Gazette, 1945.