#226, (6 December 1783-16 January 1852)
|Birth*||6 DEC 1783 ||William Titchener was born on 6 DEC 1783 at Sevenhampton, Highworth, Wiltshire, England.3 |
|Baptism||28 DEC 1783 ||He was baptized on 28 DEC 1783 at Sevenhampton, Highworth, Wiltshire.4 |
|Marriage*||27 APR 1812 ||He married Fanny Meekhams, daughter of Richard Meekhams and Elizabeth Moyer, on 27 APR 1812 at St Mary the Virgin, Horton Kirby, Kent, England.5 |
|Death*||16 JAN 1852 ||William Titchener died on 16 JAN 1852 at Cockerhurst Farm, Shoreham, Kent, England, aged 68.6,7 |
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Tichener.8 |
|Residence*||1805 ||He lived at Sevenhampton, Highworth, Wiltshire.9 |
|Note*||bt 1805 - 1811 ||He took up employment in Kent with Mr Bartholemew Spain, tenant farmer, sometime bt 1805 - 1811 at Park Gate Farm, Chelsfield, Kent, England.9 |
|Residence||b 27 APR 1812 ||He lived at Chelsfield, Kent.9 |
|Employment*||b 27 APR 1812 ||He was employed as a Farm worker for Mr Bartholomew Spain b 27 APR 1812 at Chelsfield, Kent.9 |
|Residence*||MAY 1812 ||He and Fanny Meekhams lived at Cockerhurst, Shoreham, Kent, England.10 |
|Employment||23 MAR 1841 ||William Titchener was employed as Labourer.11 |
|(Witness) Employment||30 MAR 1851 ||He witnessed the employment of Richard Stacey on 30 MAR 1851 at Shoreham, Kent.12 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||William Titchener lived with Richard Stacey and Anne Titchener at The Cottage, Cockerhurst Farm, Shoreham, Kent, England, together with James Titchener, William Stacey, Anne Stacey, Eliza Stacey and Richard Titchener.12 |
- [S48] Parish Register, as father of William.
- [S48] Parish Register, as mother of William.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt; William, son of William & Mary TITCHENER, born Dec. 6th. baptised 20th. baptisms 1783, Sevenhampton, Highworth, Wiltshire.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt; William, son of William & Mary TITCHENER, born Dec. 6th. baptised 20th. baptisms 1783, Sevenhampton, Highworth, Wiltshire. Also IGI C152682.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), marriage; Fanny Meekcoms and William Tichener, Horton Kirby, Kent, M014673.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death, age 66, Shoreham, Kent, no. 392. 1852. disease of the lungs.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, Sevenoaks, Kent, Jan- Mar 1852, vol 2a 201.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), KEN; Marriage to Fanny Mecoms.
- [S9] TITCHENER, Edward George; A Family History (transcript) (undated).
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Letter to FWJ, 6 Dec 1985.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, on John Titchener's marriage certificate.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016