William Henry Galton1
#650, (July 1842-before 1905)
|Birth*||JUL 1842 ||William Henry Galton was born in JUL 1842 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||13 JUL 1842 ||He was baptized on 13 JUL 1842 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||He lived with Elizabeth Reimers at Stainsmore's Refuge, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Eleanor Jane Galton, Elizabeth Catherine Nancy Galton, Louisa Mary Galton, Eliza Ann Frey Galton, Edward Samuel Patrick Galton and James Thomas Wills Galton.3 |
|Marriage*||28 MAR 1864 ||William Henry Galton married Mary Kezia Courteney Stokes on 28 MAR 1864 at Poole, Dorset, witnessed by Eliza Ann Frey Galton.4,5 |
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1871 ||The occupation of William Henry Galton was 'Sailor.6' |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Mary Kezia Courteney Stokes lived at The Three Crowns, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Ada Annie Galton.6 |
|Employment||5 SEP 1873 ||William Henry Galton was discharged; Mate on 'Egeria' Southampton to Dublin.7 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1881 ||He was employed as Mariner & labourer.8 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He and Mary Kezia Courteney Stokes lived at Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, England, together with William Henry Galton, Arthur George Galton and Ada Annie Galton.8 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1891 ||William Henry Galton was employed as Seaman.9 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1891 ||He and Mary Kezia Courteney Stokes lived at Barber's Piles, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Arthur George Galton, May Elizabeth Galton and Laura Lilian Galton.9 |
|Employment||1 MAY 1892 ||William Henry Galton was employed as Mate on 'Endymion.7' |
|Death*||b 1905 ||He died b 1905 at Poole, Dorset, lost at sea?10 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1842, vol 8 62.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father James Galton, mother Elizabeth.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, recieving parish relief.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage William Henry Galton & Kezia Mary Courtny Stokes, Poole, Dorset, Jan-Mar 1864, vol 5a 447.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage Mary Kezia Courtney Stokes; father George, mariner, & William Henry Galton, father James, mariner; St James, Poole.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S104] Crew lists.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; John Richard Peters, 35, father William Henry (dec); & May Elizabeth Galton, 23, father William Henry (dec). Longfleet.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age 1 at census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age 9 at census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age 2 at census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016