#703, (March 1850-16 July 1933)
|Birth*||MAR 1850 ||Sophia Smith was born in MAR 1850 at Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England.1 |
|Baptism||7 APR 1850 ||She was baptized on 7 APR 1850 at St Mark's Church, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England.3 |
|Marriage*||5 MAR 1872 ||She married James Cave Morris on 5 MAR 1872 at St Peter's Church, Maxey, Northamptonshire, England.4,5 |
|Death*||16 JUL 1933 ||Sophia Smith died on 16 JUL 1933 at Modbury, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England, aged 83.6,7 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||She lived with Joseph Smith and Harriet Palmer at Union Street, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England, together with Mary Ann Smith.8 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||Sophia Smith lived with Joseph Smith and Harriet Palmer at Rotten Row, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England, together with Sarah Jane Smith, Philip Smith, Harriet Smith and Elizabeth Smith.9 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||Sophia Smith lived at Church Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.10 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1871 ||She was employed as Domestic Servant, Mr & Mrs John Fox.11 |
|Married Name||1875 ||Her married name was Morris.12 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1881 ||She and James Cave Morris lived at GNR Welland Gate House, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England, together with Joseph Morris, Harriet Morris and Jonathan James Morris.13 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||Sophia Smith and James Cave Morris lived at Gate House, Eastgate, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England.14 |
|Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Sophia Smith and James Cave Morris lived at Eastgate, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England.15 |
|(Witness) Marriage||22 OCT 1913 ||Sophia Smith witnessed the marriage of Alice Maud Heath and Joseph Morris on 22 OCT 1913 at St Peter's Church, West Molesey, Surrey, England.16 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Gloucester, Apr-Jun 1850, vol 11 351,.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age given as 11.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Sophia Smith, parents Joseph & Harriet, St Marks, Gloucester, no. 205, p 26.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Peterborough, Jan-Mar 1872, vol 3b 321.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, James Morris, father Jonathan; & Sophia Smith; Maxey.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, aged 83, Bourne, Lincs, 1933, vol 7a 343.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, England & Wales Probate Calendar, 1933, image 49.
Probate to Thomas William Goodliffe, poultry farmer; UKP373 0s 7d. 11 0ct 1933.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, Gloster as spelt in census return.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, servant in Mr John Fox's.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Day Family Tree, ancestry.com, charlotteday.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Joseph Morris, 33, father James Cave Morris, & Alice Maud Heath, 33, father William Heath; St Peter, West Molesey, Surrey, no 249, p 125.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016