Walter William Blackman1
#1361, (17 February 1897-21 September 1918)
|Birth*||17 FEB 1897 ||Walter William Blackman was born on 17 FEB 1897 at 3 Myrtle Cottages, Halling, Kent, England.1 |
|Baptism||4 JUL 1897 ||He was baptized on 4 JUL 1897 at St John the Baptist, Halling, Kent, England.4 |
|Death*||21 SEP 1918 ||He died on 21 SEP 1918 at The Western Front, France, aged 21.5 |
|Burial*||1919 ||He was buried in 1919 at Vis-en-Artois Memorial, Haucourt, Picardy, France.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with Annie Elizabeth Streatfield and Walter William Blackman at 3 Essex Terrace, Essex Road, Halling, Kent, England, together with Annie Elizabeth Blackman, William Charles Blackman, Reuben George Blackman, Robert Frederick Blackman, Mabel Emily Blackman, Winifred Susan Blackman and Hilda Sophia Blackman.7 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Walter William Blackman was employed as Errand Boy.7 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Strood, Kent, Jan-Mar 1897, vol 2a 605.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, with parents.
- [S29] Email from, from Gillian Keeley.
- [S57] Streatfield Research Group.
- [S77] British Army records, killed in action; Private, 16th Bn. Royal Sussex Rgt. G/20187.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Commonweath War Graves Commission; Walter Blackman, G/20187. 16 Btn, Royal Sussex Regt.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016