#1664, (7 February 1803-17 January 1890)
|Birth*||7 FEB 1803 ||John Davis was born on 7 FEB 1803 at Christchurch, Hampshire, England.1 |
|Baptism||25 FEB 1803 ||He was baptized on 25 FEB 1803 at Christchurch, Hampshire.1 |
|Marriage*||15 SEP 1830 ||He married Ann Harbin on 15 SEP 1830 at Christchurch, Hampshire.3 |
|Marriage*||11 JUN 1863 ||John Davis married Hannah Verge on 11 JUN 1863 at Christchurch, Hampshire.4 |
|Death*||17 JAN 1890 ||John Davis died on 17 JAN 1890 at Christchurch, Hampshire, aged 86.5 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1841 ||He and Ann Harbin lived at Meeting House Lane, Christchurch, Hampshire, England, together with Eliza Jane Davis, John Davis and Mary Ann Davis.6 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1861 ||John Davis lived at Millhams Street, Christchurch, Hampshire, England.7 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Hannah Verge lived at Christchurch, Hampshire.8 |
|Occupation*||1881 ||The occupation of John Davis was 'Bricklayer.9' |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1881 ||He and Hannah Verge lived at Vine Cottage, Millhams Street, Christchurch, Hampshire, England.9 |
|Note*||23 JAN 1890 ||John Davis "His death certificate was issued by a coroner following an inquest held 23rd January. Cause of death was recorded as “shock and exhaustion consequent on extensive burns sustained on the 16th January owing to his clothes having accidentally caught fire”. on 23 JAN 1890.10 |
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), birth & bapt. John Davis, Christchurch, father John. C017648.
- [S48] Parish Register, Christening Records 1682-1838, Christchurch, Hants.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), marriage, John Davis & Ann Harbin. M146583.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage; Hannah Verge & John Davis; Christchurch, Hants, Apr-Jun 1863, vol 2b 957.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 87, Christchurch, Hants, Jan-Mar 1890, vol 2b 481.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S29] Email from, email from Lesley Davis about her ancestor John Davis, b. 1803. On Coroner's death certificate.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, aged 8.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, aged 6.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, aged 4.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016