Walter Philip Smith1
#2621, (25 May 1901-June 1970)
|Birth*||25 MAY 1901 ||Walter Philip Smith was born on 25 MAY 1901 at Leicester, Leicestershire, England.1,3 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1939 ||He married Florence Emily May Ward in JUN 1939 at Huntingdonshire, England.4 |
|Death*||JUN 1970 ||Walter Philip Smith died in JUN 1970 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, aged 69.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with Catherine Elizabeth Allen and Philip Cornelius Smith at High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Elsie May Smith, Stephen Lines Smith, Herbert Oliver Smith, Phyllis Irene Smith and Edith Kate Smith.6 |
|Occupation||1955 ||The occupation of Walter Philip Smith was 'WP Smith; The 'Unique' Shopping Centre, phone 3322. Furniture, Carpets, Hardware, Fancy Goods, Clothing, TV sales and Repairs etc.7' |
|Occupation*||3 APR 1959 ||The occupation of Walter Philip Smith was 'Businessman.8' |
|Immigration*||3 APR 1959 ||He and Florence Emily May Ward immigrated on 3 APR 1959 to Southampton, Hampshire, England.8 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Leicester, Leics., Jul-Sep 1901, vol. 7a 274.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, age 9.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 69, Bourne, Lincs. 3b 163 .
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Florence EM Ward & Walter A Smith; Huntingdon N, Apr-Jun 1939, vol 3a 795.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 69, Bourne, Lincs. Jun 1970, vol 3b 163 .
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S29] Email from, from Elizabeth Parkins, advertisement in local paper.
- [S61] Passengers, on mv Pretoria Castle from Durban, SA. With wife Emily May.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Peterborough, Northants., Apr-Jun 1947, vol 3b 1248. mother Ward.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016