#3119, (March 1857-23 May 1932)
|Birth*||MAR 1857 ||William Russell was born in MAR 1857 at Wrotham, Kent, England.2 |
|Marriage*||2 FEB 1884 ||He married Ellen Gertrude Milnes on 2 FEB 1884 at All Saints Church, Walworth, Surrey, England.3,4 |
|Death*||23 MAY 1932 ||William Russell died on 23 MAY 1932 at Maitland, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, aged 75.5 |
|Burial*||30 MAY 1932 ||He was buried on 30 MAY 1932 at Maitland Cemetery, Maitland, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||He lived with William Russell and Mary Gibson at Bell Grove, Bexley, Kent, England, together with Clara Russell and Emily Jane Russell.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||William Russell lived with William Russell and Mary Gibson at High Street, Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, England, together with Clara Russell, Emily Jane Russell, Eliza Maud Russell, Jessie Russell and Edith Russell.6 |
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1891 ||The occupation of William Russell was 'Engine Fitter.7' |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1891 ||He and Ellen Gertrude Milnes lived at 28 Springhead Road, Northfleet, Kent, England, together with Gertrude Mary Russell.7 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||William Russell and Ellen Gertrude Milnes lived at 28 Dover Road, Northfleet, Kent, England.8 |
|Emigration*||25 AUG 1923 ||William Russell and Ellen Gertrude Milnes emigrated on 25 AUG 1923 from Liverpool, Lancashire, England.9 |
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age & place as census.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Malling, Kent, Jan-Mar 1857, vol 2a 348.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; William Russell, 26, father William & Ellen Gertrude Milnes, 20, father John, All Saints, Newington, no 333, p 167.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Ellen Gertrude Milnes & William Russell, St Savior, Southwark, Jan-Mar 1884, vol 1d 18.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, www.findagrave,com, #146490697.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S61] Passengers, on MV 'Ceramic" Liverpool to Cape Town & Australia.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, place & age.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016