Jack Valentine Galton1
#3182, (March 1906-24 August 1940)
|Birth*||MAR 1906 ||Jack Valentine Galton was born in MAR 1906 at Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.1 |
|Baptism||5 MAY 1906 ||He was baptized on 5 MAY 1906 at Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with William Henry Galton and Elizabeth Lavinia Randall at 50 Clarence Road, Grays, Essex, EnglandG, together with William Charles Galton.4 |
|Milit-End*||24 AUG 1940 ||Jack Valentine Galton killed in action on 24 AUG 1940 in the North Atlantic.5 |
|Death*||24 AUG 1940 ||He died on 24 AUG 1940 in the North Atlantic aged 34.6,7 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Chatham Naval Memorial, Chatham, Kent, EnglandG.8 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jan-Mar 1906, vol. 5a 265.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, dates & place.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt. Jack Valentine Galton, father William Henry, mother Elizabeth Lavinia; Longfleet.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Ldg. Smn. Jack Valentine galton, no 104148; killed on HMS Penzance, torpedoed by U-37, North Atlantic while on escort duty.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, killed on HMS Penzance, torpedoed by U-boat U-37, North Atlantic.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, probate to his mother Elizabeth Lavinia Galton.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, plot 34 3.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016