#4481, (1883-2 September 1916)
|Birth*||1883 ||Stephen Wansbury was born in 1883 at Knockholt, Kent, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with Eliza Mantle at London Road, Halstead, Kent, England, together with Alfred Richard Wansbury, Henry Wansbury, Charles Wansbury, Lizzie Wansbury, Jane Wansbury, Edward Wansbury and Annie Wansbury.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||Stephen Wansbury lived with Eliza Mantle at 5 Hazel Terrace, Halstead, Kent, England, together with James Samuel Wansbury, Lizzie Wansbury, Edward Wansbury and Annie Wansbury.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Stephen Wansbury lived with Eliza Mantle at 5 Hazel Cottages, Halstead, Kent, England, together with James Samuel Wansbury, Charles Wansbury, Lizzie Wansbury, Edward Wansbury and Charles Norris.4 |
|Death*||2 SEP 1916 ||Stephen Wansbury died on 2 SEP 1916 at The Battle of the Somme, Picardy, France, killed in action.5,6 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at The Thiepval Memorial, Picardy, France.6,7 |
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age & birthplace.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census, & 2 grandsons, Frederick Wansbury, 2, Knockholt, & Charles Norris, 12, Peckham.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, 252535/1 Pte., 1st Bn RW Kent:- killed in action. register of Soldier's effects; payment to sister Annie of 4/3/8d.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Theipval Memorial, Part XLIII, Wansbury Pte. Stephen, G/12771, 1st Bn. Royal Kent Regt.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, plaque in St Margarets Church, Halstead for WW1 men of Halstead.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016