Thomas Edward Galton Wills1
#4868, (1830-11 May 1886)
|Birth*||1830 ||Thomas Edward Galton Wills was born in 1830 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||3 OCT 1830 ||He was baptized on 3 OCT 1830 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.3 |
|Marriage*||11 APR 1853 ||He married Elizabeth Brown on 11 APR 1853 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.4 |
|Death*||11 MAY 1886 ||Thomas Edward Galton Wills died on 11 MAY 1886 at Poole, Dorset.5,6 |
|Burial*||13 MAY 1886 ||He was buried on 13 MAY 1886 at Poole, Dorset.7 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||He lived with Thomas Wills and Mary Ann Galton at Blue Boar Lane, Poole, Dorset, England, together with John James Galton Wills.8 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1851 ||Thomas Edward Galton Wills was employed as Mariner.8 |
|Residence*||7 APR 1861 ||He lived at 'James Manlaws', Truro, Cornwall, England.9 |
|Employment||30 JUN 1861 ||He was employed as Ship's Master at Poole, Dorset.10 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived at Sailor's Home, East Quay, Poole, Dorset, England.11 |
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Thomas Edward Golton, son of daughter of Thomas & Mary Ann Wills. St James, Poole, Dorset, 1830, p 200. no. 1600.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, age & birthplace.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Thomas Edward Golton, son of Thomas & Mary Ann Wills. St James, Poole, Dorset, 1830, p 200. no. 1600. also IGI C024316.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage, Thomas Edward Wills, 22, father Thomas, & Elizabeth Brown, 18, father John, St James, Poole, Dorset, no 185, p 93.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 56, Poole, Dorset, Apr-Jun 1886, vol 5a 173.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, listed as Edward Thomas, widower & Master Mariner; probate to John James Wills, Shipwright, brother & only next of Kin.
- [S109] England, Deaths & Burials, burial, Edward Thomas Wills, age 56, St James, Poole. no 1121, p 141.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, census, Vessels; Thomas Wills, Master; Robert Heaney, Mate, William Jory, AB.
- [S104] Crew lists, as Master on two voyages, Pool to London & return. Ship Rode?
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, Lodger, John & Jane Brown, Master mariner.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016