Thomas John Wills1
#4886, (January 1892-before December 1916)
|Birth*||JAN 1892 ||Thomas John Wills was born in JAN 1892 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||28 FEB 1892 ||He was baptized on 28 FEB 1892 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.3 |
|Death*||b DEC 1916 ||He died b DEC 1916 at Mesopotamia.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Kate Lilian Denner at 10 New Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Lilian Gladys Wills, Edward Robert Wills, Herbert Denner Wills and Margaret Emma Wills.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||13 JUL 1909 ||Thomas John Wills began military service on 13 JUL 1909 at Poole, Dorset.6 |
|Note*||fr 1910 - 1916 ||He Trained as machine gunner; served in India; 4 Mar 1913 to 15 Oct 1914 and then Lower Mesopotamia; 16 Oct 1914 to capture 28 Apr 1916. fr 1910 - 1916.7 |
|Milit-End*||29 APR 1916 ||He ended military service on 29 APR 1916 at Mesopotamia.8 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jan-Mar 1892, vol 5a 269.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & birthplace.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Thomas John Wills, parents Thomas & Kate Lilian; St James, Poole, no 2488, p 298.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, died while prisoner of war, date unknown.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, listed as wife, no husband at home.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, Short Service; 8815, Dorset Regiment.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, on his war records.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, died while prisoner of war.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016