Frank John Balcombe1
#5722, (8 November 1894-28 April 1970)
|Birth*||8 NOV 1894 ||Frank John Balcombe was born on 8 NOV 1894 at Croydon, Surrey, England.1 |
|Marriage*||30 SEP 1918 ||He married Lillie Smith on 30 SEP 1918 at St James' Church, Croydon, Surrey, England, witnessed by Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe.2 |
|Death*||28 APR 1970 ||Frank John Balcombe died on 28 APR 1970 at Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, aged 75.3,4 |
|Burial*||30 APR 1970 ||He was buried on 30 APR 1970 at Springvale Botanical Cemetery, Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Frank John Balcombe and Ellen Sarah Lane at 70 Napier Road, Croydon, Surrey, England, together with Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe and Percy James Balcombe.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||8 NOV 1910 ||Frank John Balcombe began military service on 8 NOV 1910 at Impregnable, Chatham, Kent, England.6 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at St Aubyn, Devonport, Devon, England.7 |
|Milit-End*||20 FEB 1918 ||He ended military service on 20 FEB 1918 at Pembroke I, Chatham, Kent, England.8 |
|Employment*||APR 1921 ||He was employed as Fitter.9 |
|Residence*||APR 1921 ||He and Lillie Smith lived at 7 Salisbury Road, South Norwood, London, England, together with Rodney Maurice Balcombe and Douglas Hector Balcombe.9 |
|Emigration*||5 MAY 1921 ||Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith emigrated on 5 MAY 1921 from South Norwood, London, to Melbourne.9 |
|Residence||1942 ||Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith lived at Point Nepean Street, Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, together with Rodney Maurice Balcombe and Douglas Hector Balcombe.10 |
|Residence||1968 ||Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith lived at 76 RSL Village, Morabbin, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.11 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Croydon, Surrey, Oct-Dec 1894, vol 2a 262.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Frank John Balcombe, 23, father Frank John Thomas, & Lillie Smith, 24, father Esau, St James, Croydon, no 322, p 161.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, age 75, Cheltenham, VIC, parents John T Frank & Nellie Smith, rn 8850.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust, Cheltenham Memorial park, on line records; cremated 30/4/70.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S116] UK Royal Navy, Register of Seamen's services; no J. 10347. 12 year signing. Cabin Boy.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, Royal Navy base; as Boy.
- [S116] UK Royal Navy, Register of Seamen's services; no J. 10347. 12 year signing. Invalided out.
- [S61] Passengers, Family on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Victoria, 1942, Cheltenham, Henty, p 4.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Victoria, 1968, Morabbin, Hotham, p 8.
- [S61] Passengers, as passenger, age 2 with parents on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S61] Passengers, as passenger, age 1 with parents on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016