Douglas Hector Balcombe1
#5728, (28 January 1920-1972)
|Birth*||28 JAN 1920 ||Douglas Hector Balcombe was born on 28 JAN 1920 at Croydon, Surrey, England.1 |
|Death*||1972 ||He died in 1972 at Heal, VIC, Australia.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||APR 1921 ||He lived with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith at 7 Salisbury Road, South Norwood, London, England, together with Rodney Maurice Balcombe.4 |
|(Witness) Emigration||5 MAY 1921 ||Douglas Hector Balcombe emigrated with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith on 5 MAY 1921 from South Norwood, London.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||24 MAY 1940 ||Douglas Hector Balcombe began military service on 24 MAY 1940 at Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||1942 ||He lived with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith at Point Nepean Street, Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.6 |
|Milit-End*||24 MAY 1945 ||Douglas Hector Balcombe ended military service on 24 MAY 1945 at Melbourne, VIC, Australia.5 |
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Croydon, Surrey, Jan-Mar 1920, vol 2a 779. mother Smith.
- [S61] Passengers, as passenger, age 1 with parents on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death; Heal, VIC, father Frank, mother Lillie Smith, 1972, rn 10889.
- [S61] Passengers, Family on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S38] Australian War Memorial .pdf copies of original typed records.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Victoria, 1942, Cheltenham, Henty, p 4.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016