Sidney Walter Hewitt1
#5813, (1882-26 March 1919)
|Birth*||1882 ||Sidney Walter Hewitt was born in 1882 at Great Ormesby, Norfolk, England.2 |
|Marriage*||26 DEC 1911 ||He married Nellie May Ballett, daughter of Arthur Henry Ballett and Mary Sherwood, on 26 DEC 1911 at St Mary's Church, Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, England, witnessed by Ethel Emily Ballett.1 |
|Death*||26 MAR 1919 ||Sidney Walter Hewitt died on 26 MAR 1919 at St Albans, Hertfordshire, England.3 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived at The Buildings, Caistor on Sea, Norfolk, England.4 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||He was employed as gardener, domestic.5 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at 96 Garland Road, Poole, Dorset, England.6 |
|Residence*||SEP 1915 ||He and Nellie May Ballett lived at 48 George Street, Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire, England, together with Bryce Sidney Valentine Hewitt.7 |
|Milit-Beg*||15 SEP 1915 ||Sidney Walter Hewitt began military service on 15 SEP 1915 at Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire, England.8 |
|Milit-End*||15 DEC 1915 ||He ended military service on 15 DEC 1915 at North Camp, Hatton Park, Tring, Hertfordshire, England.9 |
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Nellie May Ballett, 21, father Arthur Henry, & Sidney Walter Hewitt, 28, father James, Longfleet, Dorset, no 463, p 232.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & birthplace.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 38, St Albans, Herts., Mar 1919, vol 3a 1185.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, with mother Amelia & 5 siblings.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, border with Green family.
- [S77] British Army records, No 5546, Pte., Sidney Hewitt, Herts Regt.
- [S77] British Army records, No 5546, Pte., Sidney Hewitt, Herts Regt.,.
- [S77] British Army records, No 5546, Pte., Sidney Hewitt, Herts Regt., not likely to become an efficient soldier, medical grounds.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Berkhamstead, Herts., Jan-Mar 1915, vol 3a 1779, mother Ballett.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016