Walter Emerson Benson1
#6067, (5 July 1917-14 April 2000)
|Birth*||5 JUL 1917 ||Walter Emerson Benson was born on 5 JUL 1917 at Bremerton, Kitsap, Washington, USA.3 |
|Marriage*||1945 ||He married Elsa Marie Peterson in 1945 at Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, USA.4 |
|Death*||14 APR 2000 ||Walter Emerson Benson died on 14 APR 2000 at Jacksonville, Calhoun, Alabama, USA, aged 82.3 |
|Burial*||1 MAY 2000 ||He was buried on 1 MAY 2000 at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, USA.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||13 JAN 1920 ||He lived with Clarence McClelland Benson and Mabel Worthington at 1310 Water Street, Bremerton, Kitsap, Washington, USA, together with Robert William Benson and Velma Marian Benson.5 |
|(Witness) Milit-Beg||9 APR 1930 ||Walter Emerson Benson witnessed the beginning of military service of Clarence McClelland Benson and Mabel Worthington on 9 APR 1930 at 1411 14th Avenue, Nampa, Canyon, Idaho, USA.6 |
|Milit-Beg*||23 DEC 1939 ||Walter Emerson Benson began military service on 23 DEC 1939 at Portland, Multnomah, Oregon.7 |
|(Witness) Residence||4 NOV 1940 ||He lived with Clarence McClelland Benson at 1869 SW 11th Avenue, Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, USA, together with Robert William Benson, Velma Marian Benson and Ruth Louise Benson.8 |
|Employment*||4 NOV 1940 ||Walter Emerson Benson was employed as pin setter, bowling alley.8 |
|ResearchNote*|| ||Research Note: Colonel Walter E. Benson, Sr. is missed by many. He leaves a wife, 5 children, and 6 grandchildren behind.4 |
- [S59] USPRI, US Veterans gravesites; Walter Emerson Benson, Col. US Army. birth, death & burial.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, ancestry.com, Jill Worthington family, no reference.
- [S52] US SS Index, SSN 541-05-6177, birth & death place & date.
- [S59] USPRI, US Veterans gravesites; Walter Emerson Benson, Col. US Army. birth, death & burial. wife Elsa P Benson.
- [S41] US census, 1920.
- [S42] US census, 1930.
- [S59] USPRI, US Select Military Records, 1950, 1961 & 1966; Walter Emerson Benson, US Army. 061950, BS in Biol. Univ. Oregon.
- [S98] US Census 1940.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016