#6088, (23 August 1881-March 1952)
|Birth*||23 AUG 1881 ||Peter Thornton was born on 23 AUG 1881 at Tottington, Lancashire, EnglandG.2 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived at 8 Victoria Street, Tottington, Lancashire, EnglandG.3 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1901 ||He was employed as Shop assistant.4 |
|Marriage*||2 APR 1905 ||He married Elizabeth Redgate, daughter of William Redgate and Ada Bettles, on 2 APR 1905 at St Anne's Church, Derby, Derbyshire, EnglandG.1 |
|Employment||2 APR 1911 ||Peter Thornton was employed as Dairy Shopman.5 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He and Elizabeth Redgate lived at 69 Red Cross Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, EnglandG, together with Esther Grace Thornton, Ada Constance Thornton, John Laurence Thornton and Geoffrey Thornton.5 |
|Residence||1939 ||Peter Thornton and Elizabeth Redgate lived together with Esther Grace Thornton and William Bettles.6 |
|Death*||MAR 1952 ||Peter Thornton died in MAR 1952 at Rochdale, Lancashire, EnglandG, aged 70.7 |
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Elizabeth Redgate & Peter Thornton, Derby, Derbys., Apr-Jun 1905, vol7b 1091.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Bury, Lancs., Oct-Dec 1881, vol 8c 445.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, with mother, Esther, & siblings.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S124] 1939 census, Colin Wood's research.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 70, Rochdale, Lancs., Mar 1952, vol 10f 419.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 94, Bolton, Lancs., Mar 2000, B55A 0091B 267.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Shardlow, Derbys., Oct-Dec 1906, vol 7b 523.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Rochdale, Lancs., Oct-Dec 1908, vol 8e 52.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 91, Blackpool, Lancs., Nov 2001, A10D 5811A 99.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Rochdale, Lancs., Apr-Jun 1920, vol 8e 46. mother Redgate.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016