#6092, (20 June 1910-November 2001)
|Birth*||20 JUN 1910 ||Geoffrey Thornton was born on 20 JUN 1910 at Rochdale, Lancashire, England.2 |
|Baptism||24 JUL 1910 ||He was baptized on 24 JUL 1910 at All Saints Church, Ockbrook, Derbyshire, England.3 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1938 ||He married Frances Mary Morrison in JUN 1938 at Oldham, Lancashire, England.4 |
|Death*||NOV 2001 ||Geoffrey Thornton died in NOV 2001 at Blackpool, Lancashire, England, aged 91.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with Peter Thornton and Elizabeth Redgate at 69 Red Cross Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, England, together with Esther Grace Thornton, Ada Constance Thornton and John Laurence Thornton.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||OCT 1939 ||Geoffrey Thornton began military service in OCT 1939 at Rochdale, Lancashire.6 |
|Milit-Beg||8 MAR 1942 ||He began military service on 8 MAR 1942 at Osaka, Japan.7 |
|Milit-End*||2 SEP 1945 ||He ended military service on 2 SEP 1945 at Osaka.7 |
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 91, Blackpool, Lancs., Nov 2001, A10D 5811A 99.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Rochdale, Lancs., Jul-Sep 1910, vol 8e 44.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt, Geoffrey Thornton, parents Peter & Elizabeth, Ockbrook, Derbys., no 1891, p 174.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Geoffrey Thornton & Frances J Morrison, Oldham, Lancs., Apr-Jun 1938, vol 8d 1957.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S77] British Army records, UK, Allied POW records, no 1621595, Thornton, Geoffrey, Gunner, Royal Artillery; Japanese records. Capture date 17/3/8?
- [S77] British Army records, UK, Allied POW records, no 1621595, Thornton, Geoffrey, Gunner, Royal Artillery; dates of capture & release.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Littleborough, Lancs., Jan-Mar 1939, vol 8e 58. mother Morrison.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Macclesfield, Cheshire., Jan-Mar 1947, vol 10a 692. mother Morrison.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016