Ernest Edward Thorne1
#7348, (June 1896-)
|Birth*||JUN 1896 ||Ernest Edward Thorne was born in JUN 1896 at Newbury, Berkshire, England.1 |
|Marriage*||9 AUG 1919 ||He married Marian Annie Clinker on 9 AUG 1919 at Holy Trinity Church, Twickenham, Middlesex, England.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||Ernest Edward Thorne lived with Thomas Thorne and Annie Davis at The Folly, Newbury, Berkshire, England, together with Cecil James Thorne, Sidney George Thorne and Charlotte Gertrude Thorne.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Ernest Edward Thorne lived with Thomas Thorne and Annie Davis at 10 The Folly, Greenham, Newbury, Berkshire, England.4 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Ernest Edward Thorne was employed as Iron Foundry labourer.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||17 SEP 1914 ||He began military service on 17 SEP 1914 at Reading, Berkshire, England.6 |
|Employment||17 AUG 1915 ||He was employed as Marine engineer at Gwynnes Ltd, Hammersmith Iron Works, Hammersmith, Middlesex, England.7 |
|(Witness) Marriage||27 OCT 1915 ||He witnessed the marriage of Alice Sutton and Cecil James Thorne on 27 OCT 1915 at All Saints Church, Southwark, London, England.8,9 |
|Milit-End*||8 MAR 1917 ||Ernest Edward Thorne ended military service on 8 MAR 1917 at 30 Devonshire Road, Cheswick, Middlesex, England.7 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Newbury, Berks., Apr-Jun 1896, vol 2c 243.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Ernest Edward Thorne, 23, father Thomas, & Marian Clinker, 25, fahter George, Holy Trinity, Twickenham.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census, note married 28 years, 7 living children.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, No 2220, Ernest Edward Thorne, Berks Yeomanry,.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, No 2220, Ernest Edward Thorne, 2/1 Berks Yeomanry.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Cecil James Thorne, 27, father Thomas, & Alice Sutton, 23, mother Isabella Thursley, All Saints, Southwark, no 146, p 73.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Cecil J Thorne & Alice Sutton, Lambeth, London, Oct-Dec 1915, vol 1d 1024.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016