|Birth*||1841 ||William Cheeseman was born in 1841 at Camberwell, Surrey, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||He lived with William Cheeseman and Ann Neal at Victoria Road, Camberwell, Surrey, England, together with Selina Cheeseman, Mary Ann Cheeseman and Elizabeth Cheeseman.2 |
|(Witness) Emigration||26 MAY 1854 ||William Cheeseman emigrated with William Cheeseman and Ann Neal on 26 MAY 1854 from Southampton, Hampshire, England.3 |
|(Witness) Immigration||26 AUG 1854 ||William Cheeseman immigrated with William Cheeseman and Ann Neal on 26 AUG 1854 to Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.3 |
|Employment*||29 AUG 1854 ||William Cheeseman was employed as Baker's lad at Battery Point, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.4 |
|Criminal*||1856 ||He absconded with a cart load of bread on the Brown's River Road instead of delivering the same. 2 months hard labour. in 1856 at Hobart, Tasmania.5 |
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, age & date.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S73] Unassisted Immigrant Passenger lists, NSW, Australia, Immigrant Passenger arrival list, Hobart, Tasmania, 'Kingston'; Southampton to Hobart 26 May to 26 Aug 1854.
- [S73] Unassisted Immigrant Passenger lists, NSW, Australia, Tasmania Immigrants list, register of hiring of immigrants. Hired by Mr Andrew Finlayson, Battery Point, 3 years with rations.
- [S122] Newspaper records, Hobart Mercury.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016