Vernon Harry Austin1
#8888, (30 December 1910-19 December 1993)
|Birth*||30 DEC 1910 ||Vernon Harry Austin was born on 30 DEC 1910 at Portsmouth, Hampshire, England.1 |
|Marriage*||MAR 1934 ||He married Ada Georgina Lawson in MAR 1934 at Portsmouth, Hampshire.4 |
|Death*||19 DEC 1993 ||Vernon Harry Austin died on 19 DEC 1993 at 10 Merton Road, Southsea, Hampshire, England, aged 82.5,6 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with Emma Burridge at 190 Somers Road, Southsea, Hampshire, England, together with Lydia Ida Maude Harrington, Harry Harrington, Richard Frederick Harrington, Elsie Jessie Harrington, Hilda Mabel Harrington and Grace Harrington.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||DEC 1928 ||Vernon Harry Austin lived with Lydia Ida Maude Harrington and Harry Austin at 10 Pierce Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.7 |
|(Witness) Emigration||7 DEC 1938 ||Vernon Harry Austin emigrated with Lydia Ida Maude Harrington on 7 DEC 1938 from Southampton, Hampshire, England.8 |
|Emigration*||18 NOV 1949 ||Vernon Harry Austin emigrated on 18 NOV 1949 from Durban, Natal, South Africa.9 |
|Occupation*||18 NOV 1949 ||The occupation of Vernon Harry Austin was 'Independant Motor trader.9' |
|Residence*||DEC 1949 ||He and Ada Georgina Lawson lived at 7 Wimbledon Park Road, Southsea, Hampshire, England.9 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Portsmouth, Hants., Jan-Mar 1911, vol 2b 499.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Harry Austin & Lydia I M Harrington, Edmonton, Middlesex, Oct-Dec 1910, vol 3a 1070.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Vernon H Austin & Ada G Lawson, Portsmouth, Hants., Jan-Mar 1934, vol 2b 921.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 83, Portsmouth, Hants., Dec 1993, E44A 4971E.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales.
- [S95] Canada, Ocean Arrivals, arrived to join husband; SS 'Melita' St John's, New Brunswick, also son Vernon.
- [S95] Canada, Ocean Arrivals, arrived to join husband; SS 'Melita' St John's, New Brunswick.
- [S61] Passengers, on 'Capetown Castle', from Durban, SA,, to Southampton. 18 Nov 1949.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016