Albert Henry Jefferies
|Father*||Peter Button Jefferies b. 31 Jan 1841, d. 1 Sep 1908|
|Mother*||Sarah Harrington b. 12 Jan 1843, d. 12 Feb 1928|
|Charts||The 'English' Jefferies|
|Birth*||10 MAR 1882||Albert Henry Jefferies was born on 10 MAR 1882 at 2 Bourne Place, Streatham, Surrey, England.1,2|
|Baptism||4 JUN 1882||He was baptized on 4 JUN 1882 at St Leonard's Church, Streatham, Surrey, England.3|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891||He lived with Peter Button Jefferies and Sarah Harrington at Streatham, Surrey, together with Peter James Jefferies, Walter John Jefferies, Alice Ethel Jefferies, Charles Jefferies and William Frederick Jefferies.4|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901||Albert Henry Jefferies lived with Peter Button Jefferies and Sarah Harrington at 4 Wellfield Road, Streatham, Surrey, England, together with Alice Ethel Jefferies and William Frederick Jefferies.5|
|(Witness) Marriage||27 FEB 1907||Albert Henry Jefferies witnessed the marriage of Walter John Jefferies and Gertrude Emma Stacey on 27 FEB 1907 at Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Broadway, Streatham, London, England.6,7,8|
|INTerests*||Albert Henry Jefferies was interested in singing (baritone) and cycling.9|
|Residence||30 MAR 1911||He lived at 4 Wellfield Road, Streatham, London, England, together with Alice Ethel Jefferies and Sarah Harrington.10|
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1911||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Boot repairer.11'|
|(Witness) Marriage||18 JUN 1911||He witnessed the marriage of George Charsley and Alice Ethel Jefferies on 18 JUN 1911 at The Parish Church of St Leonard, Streatham, Surrey, England.12,13|
|Milit-Beg*||c 1915||Albert Henry Jefferies began military service c 1915.14,15|
|Milit-End*||c 1919||He ended military service c 1919.16|
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1926||He married Gladys Alice Mary Spencer, daughter of John William Spencer and Rose Alice W Bradford, on 4 AUG 1926 at Croydon, Surrey, England.17,18|
|(Witness) Death||12 FEB 1928||Albert Henry Jefferies witnessed the Death of Sarah Harrington on 12 FEB 1928 at 66 High Road, Streatham, Surrey, England.19,20|
|Name Variation||Albert Henry Jefferies was also known as Albert Harrington Adopted middle name of Harrington (his mother's maiden name) for business purposes.21,22|
|Occupation||19 OCT 1940||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Chiropodist.23'|
|(Witness) Death||16 JAN 1949||He given probate for estate of Frances Nellie Mulcock.24|
|Residence*||1950||Albert Henry Jefferies lived at 66 Streatham High Road, Streatham, Surrey, England.25|
|Occupation||1950||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Chiropodist: M.C.Ch.A.25'|
|Death*||MAR 1953||He died in MAR 1953 at Croydon, Surrey.26|
|Gladys Alice Mary Spencer b. 3 Feb 1903, d. 1961|
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1926||He married Gladys Alice Mary Spencer, daughter of John William Spencer and Rose Alice W Bradford, on 4 AUG 1926 at Croydon, Surrey.17,18|
|Last Edited||23 Oct 2017|
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth April-Jun 1882 vol 1d 748 possibly.
- [S114] Birthday Psalter - GES.
- [S76] London Births & Baptisms, father Peter Bulton Jefferies; mother Sarah.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; Walter John Jefferies, 26,father Peter Button, & Gertrude Emma Stacey, 26, , father Joh, Wesleyan Chapel, Broadway, Streatham, no 26.
- [S37] Family photo, newspaper description.
- [S114] Birthday Psalter - GES, GES - WJJ, 27 Feb 1907.
- [S14] JEFFERIES, Frank William; Memoirs (1991).
- [S68] The 1911 census, 4 rooms.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, MB421221 George CHARSLEY, Alice Ethel JEFFERIES.
- [S11] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1895-1928 Diaries, June 1911; Also witnessed by Marion PIERCE.
- [S49] Jefferies, Petrea, letter, June 1997, in letter.
- [S14] JEFFERIES, Frank William; Memoirs (1991), supervised road-building projects in Mesopotamia.
- [S77] Army records, in Royal Army Service Corps, Private, M2/167494; awarded Victory & British Medals.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Alice M Spencer & Albert H Jefferies, Croydon, Surrey, Jul-Sep 1926, vol 2a 1142.
- [S11] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1895-1928 Diaries, 4 Aug 1926.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death; Hypostatic congestion of the lungs due to mitral incompetance associated with myocardial degeneration. Aged 85. Sarah JEFFERIES nee HARRINGTON.
- [S114] Birthday Psalter - GES, b. S Jefferies, 1843 died Jan 28 1928.
- [S56] Phone directory, British, 1934. page 882, London surnames A-K.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", London Electoral Roll, Wansworth, Streaham,1939., Jefferies Albert Harrington, abode, 3 Southend Croydon. p 393.
- [S33] Written family correspondence, letter from A.H.J to Jane Jefferies Stearns; Sally Howard collection.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, probate to Albert H Jefferies.
- [S56] Phone directory, British, 1950. page 2281, London surnames E-K.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 70, Croydon, Surrey, Jan-Mar 1953, vol 5g 152.