Hamilton Douglas Manley1
#1847, (December 1896-27 March 1918)
|Birth*||DEC 1896 ||Hamilton Douglas Manley was born in DEC 1896 at Dartford, Kent, England.2,1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Arthur Douglas Manley and Lucy Streatfield at 37 Hythe Street, Dartford, Kent, England, together with Dorothy Joan Manley, Arthur Douglas Manley, Eva Winifred Manley, Otway Montague Manley and Cecil Douglas Manley.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Hamilton Douglas Manley lived with Arthur Douglas Manley at Dartford, Kent, together with Dorothy Joan Manley.4 |
|Death*||27 MAR 1918 ||Hamilton Douglas Manley died, killed in action, body not recovered, on 27 MAR 1918 at the Western Front, Picardy, France.5 |
|Burial*|| ||He is remembered at the Pozieres Memorial, Pozieres, Picardy, France.6 |
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age 4.
- [S17] BMD indices, Dartford, Kent, Oct-Dec 1896. vol 2a 519.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census, with new wife Lucy Ann.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, Temp 2nd Lieutenant, Royal Sussex Regiment, killed in action.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Manley, 2nd Lt.Hamilton Douglas, 7th Bn. Royal Sussex Regt. Pozieres; 5th & 4th Army areas, 21 Mar to 7 Aug 1918, Part 6 Kernick-Mason.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016