Victor William Jones1
#1857, (June 1899-29 September 1918)
|Birth*||JUN 1899 ||Victor William Jones was born in JUN 1899 at Reigate, Surrey, England.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||JUL 1899 ||He lived with Ernest Edward Jones and Elizabeth Lucy Streatfield at 75 Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey, England.1 |
|Baptism||23 JUL 1899 ||Victor William Jones was baptized on 23 JUL 1899 at St Matthew, Croydon, Surrey, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Ernest Edward Jones and Elizabeth Lucy Streatfield at 75, Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey, England.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Victor William Jones lived with Ernest Edward Jones and Elizabeth Lucy Streatfield at 18 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey, England, together with Gladys Bertha Jones and Alfred Ernest Jones.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||1918 ||Victor William Jones began military service in 1918 at Horsham, Surrey, England.6 |
|Death*||29 SEP 1918 ||He died on 29 SEP 1918 at France aged 19, killed in action.7 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Proville British Cemetery, Proville, Picardy, France.7 |
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Victor William Jones, parents Ernest Edward & Elizabeth Lucy, St Matthew, Croydon, no 215, p 27.
- [S57] Streatfield/Gibbons/Ellis, from Amanda Cassell.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Reigate, Surrey, Apr-Jun 1899, vol 2a 192.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, No. 50437 Pte. Jones Victor William, 7th Battalion, London Regiment, Royal Fusiliers.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Private V W Jones, Royal Fusiliers, Proville British Cemetery, Nord Pas de Calais, France.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016