Philip Edward Tom Galton1
#188, (31 May 1914-15 February 1945)
|Birth*||31 MAY 1914 ||Philip Edward Tom Galton was born on 31 MAY 1914 at Poole, Dorset, England.2,3 |
|(Witness) Residence||10 JUN 1918 ||He lived with Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton at 142 High Street, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Emma Smith, Edith Elsie Galton and Hattie Galton.4 |
|(Witness) PHOto|| ||Philip Edward Tom Galton witnessed the photo of Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||1925 ||Philip Edward Tom Galton lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at EDHAPHIL, 32 Serpentine Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Hattie Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.6 |
|Employment*||1930 ||Philip Edward Tom Galton was employed as Compositor after apprenticeship to a Bournemouth printing firm at Poole, Dorset, England.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||5 DEC 1930 ||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at Poole, Dorset, together with Edith Elsie Galton.7 |
|Note*||1935 ||Philip Edward Tom Galton was a member of the Poole Town Band, played brass instruments. in 1935 at Poole, Dorset.6 |
|Milit-Beg*||1939 ||He began military service in 1939, Military Police.6 |
|Marriage*||APR 1939 ||He married Eileen T Best in APR 1939 at Swindon, Wiltshire, England.8 |
|Occupation*||1940 ||The occupation of Philip Edward Tom Galton was 'Typesetter; Wiltshire Gazette.9' |
|Residence*||1940 ||He and Eileen T Best lived at 410 Ringwood Road, Parkstone, Dorset, England.10 |
|Death*||15 FEB 1945 ||Philip Edward Tom Galton died on 15 FEB 1945 at Germany aged 30 , killed in action.11 |
|Milit-End*||15 FEB 1945 ||He ended military service on 15 FEB 1945.11 |
|Burial*||1945 ||He was buried in 1945 at Reichswald Forest War Cemetary, Kleve, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.12 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1914, vol 5a 436, mother Smith.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Dep 1914, vol 5a 436.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping, 1882; birth dates; at 12 noon, Whit Sunday.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a Visitors Declaration Form, B.M. 24, Ministry of Food by E Smith, to household of E Galton, 142 High Street, Poole. 10 Jun 1918 and other ration books of the time.
- [S37] Family photo, Family Group.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Galton Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Marriage Certificate of Edith E Galton.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, Philip ET Galton & Eileen T Best; Swindon, Wilts., Apr-Jun 1939, vol 5a 130.
- [S66] Obit., from Wiltshire Gazette, 1945.
- [S66] Obit., in obituary from Wiltshire Gazette, 1945.
- [S50] Official communication, UK Army Roll of Honour. 5575814 Private Philip Galton, 15 Feb 1945, Hampshire Regiment.
- [S50] Official communication, Official notification of burial site.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016