#210, (June 1882-December 1965)
|Birth*||JUN 1882 ||Martha Smith was born in JUN 1882 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.1,2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||She lived with Philip Smith at High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Ruth Smith, Emma Smith, Walter Smith, Stephen Smith and Elizabeth Ann Smith.3 |
|(Witness) PHOto|| ||Martha Smith witnessed the photo of Philip Smith at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.4 |
|(Witness) Employment||30 MAR 1901 ||Martha Smith witnessed the employment of Elizabeth Ann Smith on 30 MAR 1901 at Poole, Dorset, England.5 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1901 ||Martha Smith was employed as Domestic Cook at Bayard Lodge, Parkstone Road, Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, England.6 |
|Married Name||JUN 1904 ||Her married name was Gillett.7 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1904 ||She married William Henry Gillett, son of Charles Gillett and Eliza Gillingham, in JUN 1904 at Branksome, Dorset, England.7 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1911 ||Martha Smith and William Henry Gillett lived at Prospect Place, High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Winifred Gillett, William Bernard Gillett and Elsie Lilian Gillett.8 |
|Death*||DEC 1965 ||Martha Smith died in DEC 1965 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, aged 83.9 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Peterborough, Lincs, Apr-Jun 1882, vol 3b 271.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 9 at census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, Philip as widower, dau. Elizabeth as housekeeper.
- [S37] Family photo, The Smiths.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, in household of W Marston, Director, Dolphin Brewery.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age 19, as cook servant.
- [S17] BMD indices, Poole, Dorset, Apr-Jun 1904, vol 5a 615.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 83, Bourne, Lincs., Dec 1965, 3b 69.
- [S29] Email from, from Mary P Cole,sister, 2008.
- [S29] Email from, from Mary P Cole, 2008.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016