#213, (March 1874-April 1929)
|Birth*||MAR 1874 ||Herbert Smith was born in MAR 1874 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with Philip Smith and Ann Todd at Deeping Gate, Northamptonshire, England, together with Elizabeth Ann Smith, Philip Cornelius Smith, Walter Smith and Ruth Smith.2 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1891 ||Herbert Smith was employed as Draper's Porter at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with William Todd and Maria Ball at 9 Goodhead Terrace, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, together with William Bertram Todd, Alice Minnie Todd, Edith Annie Todd, Frederick Albert Todd, Stephen Isaac Bettles Todd and Philip Cornelius Smith.4 |
|Marriage*||MAR 1895 ||Herbert Smith married Selina Smith in MAR 1895 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.5 |
|(Witness) PHOto|| ||Herbert Smith witnessed the photo of Philip Smith at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.6 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1901 ||Herbert Smith was employed as Vanman at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.7 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1901 ||He and Selina Smith lived at Granger Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, together with Philip Herbert Smith, Annie Elizabeth Smith and Walter Smith.8 |
|Occupation*||2 APR 1911 ||The occupation of Herbert Smith was 'Coal Merchant.9' |
|Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He and Selina Smith lived at High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Maud Smith, Annie Elizabeth Smith, Elsie Emma Smith, Clara Selina Smith and Philip Herbert Smith.9 |
|Death*||APR 1929 ||Herbert Smith died in APR 1929 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, aged 55.10 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Bourne, Lincs , Jan-Mar 1874, vol 7a 359.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, living with Uncle William Todd in Nottingham.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Nottingham, Notts, Jan-Mar 1895, vol 7b 405.
- [S37] Family photo, The Smiths.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, vanman or carrier.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 55, Bourne, Lincs., Apr-Jun 1929, vol 7a 404.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age 5 at census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age 1 month at census.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016