#2158, (28 March 1849-15 December 1884)
|Birth*||28 MAR 1849 ||George Towersey was born on 28 MAR 1849 at Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire, England.1 |
|Baptism||1 JUL 1855 ||He was baptized on 1 JUL 1855 at St Marys, Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire, England.2 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||He lived at High Street, Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire, England.3 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He lived at 26-28 Richmond Road South, West Hackney, London, England.4 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1871 ||He was employed as Baker; employer William Doig. at West Hackney, London, England.5 |
|Marriage*||29 JAN 1880 ||He married Elizabeth Lane, daughter of Henry Lane and Harriet Trodd, on 29 JAN 1880 at Sydney Street, Wellington, North Island, New Zealand.6,7 |
|Occupation*||1881 ||The occupation of George Towersey was 'Baker; own business.8' |
|Death*||15 DEC 1884 ||He died on 15 DEC 1884 at Pelorus, Nelson, South Island, New Zealand, aged 35.9 |
|Burial*||DEC 1884 ||He was buried in DEC 1884 at Plot No. 175.E, Bolton Street Cemetery, Wellington, North Island, New Zealand.10 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Thame, Oxon., Apr-Jun 1849, vol 16 114.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., parents William & Emma, Long Crendon, Bucks., 919238.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, with parents William & Emma & 3 brothers.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, house of William Doig.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age 22.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, marriage; George Towersey & Elizabeth Lane, NZ folio 708.
- [S29] Email from, from Ron Stretton of NZ, a descendant; 20/7/2010.
- [S29] Email from, from Ron Stretton of NZ, 20/7/2010.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, death; George Towersey, Pelorus, Nelson, NZ Oct-Dec 1884. fn 1651.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, burial details from www.wellington.gov.nz/services/cemeteries/ on 20/07/2010.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016