|Father*||Philip Smith b. 23 May 1854, d. 12 Nov 1924|
|Mother*||Ann Todd b. 10 Dec 1855, d. 14 Feb 1887|
|Charts||Joseph Smith's descendants|
John Read Bettles' descendants
|Birth*||12 SEP 1883||Stephen Smith was born on 12 SEP 1883 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.2,1,3|
|Baptism||14 OCT 1883||He was baptized on 14 OCT 1883 at St Guthlacs Church, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England.4|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891||He lived with Philip Smith at High Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, England, together with Ruth Smith, Emma Smith, Walter Smith, Martha Smith and Elizabeth Ann Smith.5|
|(Witness) PHOto||Stephen Smith witnessed the photo of Philip Smith at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.6|
|(Witness) Occupation||30 MAR 1901||Stephen Smith witnessed the occupation of Philip Smith on 30 MAR 1901 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.7|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901||Stephen Smith lived with Philip Smith at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire, together with Ruth Smith.8|
|Employment*||30 MAR 1901||Stephen Smith was employed as Coal Hawker for father.9|
|Residence*||He lived at 633, Langside Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.10|
|Milit-Beg*||24 FEB 1916||He began military service on 24 FEB 1916 at Camp Hughes, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.10|
|Occupation*||24 FEB 1916||The occupation of Stephen Smith was 'Teamster.11'|
|Milit-End*||19 MAY 1919||He ended military service on 19 MAY 1919 at Market Deeping, Lincolnshire.12|
|Marriage*||8 OCT 1919||He married Mary Alice Shotbolt on 8 OCT 1919 at Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, after his demobilisation from Canadian Army.13|
|Residence*||1 JUN 1921||Stephen Smith and Mary Alice Shotbolt lived at Lakeview, Neepawa, Manitoba, Canada, together with Leonard Stephen Smith.14|
|Death*||13 NOV 1954||Stephen Smith died on 13 NOV 1954 at South Transcona, Manitoba, Canada, aged 71.15|
|Burial*||He was buried at Transcona Cemetery, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.15|
|Mary Alice Shotbolt b. 8 Oct 1886, d. 28 Sep 1969|
|Marriage*||8 OCT 1919||He married Mary Alice Shotbolt on 8 OCT 1919 at Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, after his demobilisation from Canadian Army.13|
|Last Edited||27 Oct 2016|
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, birth & bapt., parents Philip & Ann, Market Deeping, Lincs.,.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, photo of original certificate. Cert. issued 26 Sept 1933.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Bourne, Lincs., Oct-Dec 1883, vol 7a 350.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, birth & bapt., parents Philip & Ann, Market Deeping, Lincs., 1450464.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, Philip as widower, dau. Elizabeth as housekeeper.
- [S37] Family photo, The Smiths.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, Employer working at home.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, living and working from Father's house.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, Canadian Archives on line, First World War: Attestation Paper no 874271, Canadian Overseas Expeditionary Force. Note birth date is wrong.
- [S50] Official communication, Attestation Paper no 874271, Canadian Overseas Expeditionary Force.
- [S33] Written family correspondence, Information via Elaine Mathieson, Winnipeg; ca 1990.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage; Mary A Shadbolt & Stephen Smith, Peterborough, Cambs, Oct-Dec 1919, vol 3b 771.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, Census of Canada, 1921.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, www.findagrave.com plot 12-0011-0.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites, http://stevems.home.skyweb.ca/