#230, (12 December 1817-4 April 1895)
|Birth*||12 DEC 1817 ||John Titchener was born on 12 DEC 1817 at Chelsfield, Kent, England.1 |
|Baptism||25 JAN 1818 ||He was baptized on 25 JAN 1818 at St Peter & St Paul's Church, Shoreham, Kent, England.2 |
|Marriage*||23 OCT 1841 ||He married Amelia Dunmall, daughter of Edward Dunmall and Jane Venner, on 23 OCT 1841 at Shoreham, Kent, witnessed by Mary Dunmall.3,4 |
|(Witness) Death||APR 1845 ||John Titchener witnessed the Death of Amelia Dunmall in APR 1845 at Chelsfield, Kent.5 |
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1852 ||John Titchener married Harriet Crockford, daughter of Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland, on 25 MAY 1852 at St Leonard's Church, Streatham, Surrey, England, witnessed by John Carll and Mary Crockford.6,7 |
|Death*||4 APR 1895 ||John Titchener died on 4 APR 1895 at Chelsfield, Kent, aged 77.8 |
|Burial*||10 APR 1895 ||He was buried on 10 APR 1895 at St Martin of Tours Churchyard, Chelsfield, Kent, England.9,10 |
- [S113] The Stacey/Titchener b&d list.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father William Titchener, mother Fanney.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage, Amelia Dunmall, father Edward, & John Titchener, father William, no. 19, Shoreham, Kent. Amelia's age given as minor, witnessed by Mary Dunmall and Thomas Medhurst, Parish Clerk.
- [S17] BMD indices, Sevenoaks, Kent Oct-Dec 1841 vol 5 597.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, Bromley, Kent, Apr-Jun 1845,vol 5 39.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; John Titchener, 34, widower,father William, & Harriet Crockford, 38, father Thomas; no 406, Streatham, by JR Nicholl, Rector.
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth, Apr-June 1852 vol 1d 647.
- [S37] Family photo, on photo of gravestone with Henry and Annie.
- [S11] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1895-1928 Diaries, 19 May 1895: Uncle John's funeral sermon preached at Chelsfield.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), burial, given as death, Chelsfield, I012141.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016