|Father*||William Titchener b. 6 Dec 1783, d. 16 Jan 1852|
|Mother*||Fanny Meekhams b. Oct 1782, d. 31 Dec 1845|
|Charts||William Titchener's descendants|
|Birth*||12 DEC 1817||John Titchener was born on 12 DEC 1817 at Chelsfield, Kent, England.1|
|Baptism||25 JAN 1818||He was baptized on 25 JAN 1818 at St Peter & St Paul's Church, Shoreham, Kent, England.2|
|Marriage*||23 OCT 1841||He married Amelia Dunmall, daughter of Edward Dunmall and Jane Venner, on 23 OCT 1841 at Shoreham, Kent, witnessed by Mary Dunmall.3,4|
|Residence*||a 23 OCT 1841||John Titchener and Amelia Dunmall lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, England.5,6|
|(Witness) Death||APR 1845||John Titchener witnessed the Death of Amelia Dunmall in APR 1845 at Chelsfield, Kent.7|
|Residence||30 MAR 1851||John Titchener lived at Redden Shaw, Chelsfield, Kent, England.8|
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1852||He married Harriet Crockford, daughter of Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland, on 25 MAY 1852 at St Leonard's Church, Streatham, Surrey, England, witnessed by John Carll and Mary Crockford.9,10|
|Residence*||JUN 1852||John Titchener and Harriet Crockford lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, together with Eleanor Buckland.6|
|Employment*||30 MAR 1861||John Titchener was employed as Agricultural Labourer at Chelsfield, Kent.11|
|Residence||30 MAR 1861||He and Harriet Crockford lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, together with Henry John Titchener, Mary Crockford Titchener and John Thomas Titchener.12|
|Residence*||4 APR 1881||John Titchener lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, together with Mary Crockford Titchener.13|
|Occupation*||4 APR 1881||The occupation of John Titchener was 'Gardener Fruit.14'|
|Death*||4 APR 1895||He died on 4 APR 1895 at Chelsfield, Kent, aged 77.15|
|Burial*||10 APR 1895||He was buried on 10 APR 1895 at St Martin of Tours Churchyard, Chelsfield, Kent, England.16,17|
|Harriet Crockford b. 1815, d. 3 Nov 1876|
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1852||He married Harriet Crockford, daughter of Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland, on 25 MAY 1852 at Streatham, Surrey, witnessed by John Carll and Mary Crockford.9,10|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2014|
- [S113] The Stacey/Titchener b&d list.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father William Titchener, mother Fanney.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage, Amelia Dunmall, father Edward, & John Titchener, father William, no. 19, Shoreham, Kent. Amelia's age given as minor, witnessed by Mary Dunmall and Thomas Medhurst, Parish Clerk.
- [S17] BMD indices, Sevenoaks, Kent Oct-Dec 1841 vol 5 597.
- [S10] AMJefferies researches, Letter to FWJ, 6 Dec 1985.
- [S9] TITCHENER, Edward George; A Family History (transcript) (undated).
- [S17] BMD indices, death, Bromley, Kent, Apr-Jun 1845,vol 5 39.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, as writen, next to Hewitt's Farm.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; John Titchener, father William, & Harriet Crockford, father Thomas; no 406, Streatham, by JR Nicholl, Rector.
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth, Apr-June 1852 vol 1d 647.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, says 10 Well Hill.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, KEN 0857/21/35.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S37] Family photo, on photo of gravestone with Henry and Annie.
- [S11] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1895-1928 Diaries, 19 May 1895: Uncle John's funeral sermon preached at Chelsfield.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), burial, given as death, Chelsfield, I012141.