#2385, (1810-12 January 1867)
|Birth*||1810 ||Issac Gatrell was born in 1810 at Hampshire, England.1 |
|Employment*||FEB 1833 ||He was employed as Farm Servant.1 |
|Note*|| ||He wrote a letter to his sister Ann around 1833. "My sister dear remember me and bear me in your mind and donte let me be quite forgot now i am in close confinedam your unhappy brother remember me in gaiol for ( eight) long mounths i am here confined and then to take my trial thougts of this makes me quite sad when on my bed i lie to think how i am drawn away all by bad companyever should be my happy lot to gain my liberty ten thousand thank ill offer then uto the lord moust highhear the voice of my complant receive my humble cry send me deliverance from this place back to my cuntryme not my dear affectente sister sister dear do pray for me that i may be forgiven and if we meet no more on earth may we both meet in heaven forget me not my dear afectenet sister but allways remember me your poor unfortunate brother|
|Residence||DEC 1833 ||He lived at 'Saltram', Bathurst, NSW, Australia.3 |
|Note|| ||He worked for Thomas Icely, MLC, at his grant, 'Saltram' near Bathurst and must have gone to 'Coombing Park' as Icely developed it and then Carcoar itself after1840 when the town was gazetted.3 |
|Marriage*||6 MAY 1853 ||He married Frances Best, daughter of William Best and Mary Ann Barnes, on 6 MAY 1853 at St Pauls, Carcoar, NSW, Australia.4,5 |
|Residence*||1860 ||Issac Gatrell lived at NSW, Australia.6 |
|Residence||7 MAY 1866 ||He lived at Carcoar, NSW, Australia.7 |
|Death*||12 JAN 1867 ||He died on 12 JAN 1867 at Mandurama, NSW, Australia.8,9,10 |
|Burial*||13 JAN 1867 ||He was buried on 13 JAN 1867 at St Pauls Church, Carcoar, NSW, Australia.8,11 |
- [S73] Unassisted Immigrant Passenger list, NSW, Australia, Australia, NSW Convict records.
- [S29] Email from, from Corinne Wells, transcript of letter, ca 1832/3.
- [S73] Unassisted Immigrant Passenger list, NSW, Australia, consigned to Sam'l Icely, Bathurst. Convists arrived register, 'Aurora' 3 Nov 1833, no 2208.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, marriage; Frances Best & Isaac Gattrell, Carcoar, 1853.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage by Banns; Isaac Gattrell & Frances Best. Parish of Carcoar, C of E vol 38-39, 1852-3.
- [S50] Official communication, Allocation of Title Deeds; Gattrell Isaac, Bathurst, 41 acres, portion 38. NSW Govt., Gazette, p 1757 no 1831.
- [S50] Official communication, Conditional purchase of Crown Land; Gattrell Isaac, Carcoar, 70 acres, 1st class. Paid 17.10.0, balance 52.10.0. NSW Govt., no 1417.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Transcription of original. Isaac Gattrell, d. 12 Jan 1867, Mandurama, Carcoar, Farmer, Male, 53 years, Intussusception of bowels, no certification, not seen, Father Thomas Gattrell, occupation unknown, Mother Frances Best (later deleted as error), Informant Frances Best, wife, of Mandurama Creek, Reg by Edw. JC North, 13 Jan 1867, Carcoar, burail 13 Jan 1867, Carcoar, by John Austin Jr., no Minister, witnesses Leslie McFawn & B Stimpson.
Born England, 35 years in NSW, married Carcoar, 1853, wife Frances Best.
Children; Eliza,10, Thomas, 8, Caroline, 7, Frances, 6, Louisa, 5, William, 4, Alice, 6 mo.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Cemetery transcription; Isaac, died 12.1.1867, aged 53 years [Son of Thomas Gattrell & ???. M. Fances Best, died Mandurama, bur. Carcoar] Cowra FH Group.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, Isaac Gattrell of Naundurance Ponds; died intestate; note in NSW Government Gazette, 13 Sep 1870; Curator of Intestate Estates.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Transcription; Isaac, died 12.1.1867, aged 53 years [Son of Thomas Gattrell & ???. M. Fances Best, died Mandurama, bur. Carcoar] Cowra FH Group.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Eliza Jane Gattrell, parents Isaac & Frances , NSW, 1857 no 8692.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Caroline P Gattrell, parents Isaac & Frances , Carcoar, 1859 no 121B.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, Thomas James, parents Isaac & Fanny, NSW Death Index, Broken Hill 1896, no 9385.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Frances Gattrell, parents Isaac & Fanny, Carcoar, NSW 1861 no 6652.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Cemetery records; Isaac William, died 28.7.1885, aged 22 years Son of Isaac Gattrell and Frances (Fanny) Best. Not married, died Plum Tree Creek.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Alice Gattrell, parents Isaac & Frances , Carcoar, 1866no 7552.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016