#267, (8 March 1822-September 1898)
|Birth*||8 MAR 1822 ||John King was born on 8 MAR 1822 at Ash next Ridley, Kent, England.2 |
|Baptism||14 MAR 1822 ||He was baptized on 14 MAR 1822 at St Peter & St Paul Church, Ash next Ridley, Kent, England.3 |
|Marriage*||MAR 1849 ||He married Anne Hayes, daughter of Robert Hayes and Mary Barber, in MAR 1849 at Hartley, Kent, England.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||John King lived with Robert Hayes and Mary Barber at Kings Arms, Hartley, Kent, England, together with Anne Hayes.5 |
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1861 ||The occupation of John King was 'Victualler.6' |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1861 ||He and Anne Hayes lived at 'The Chequers' Inn, Farningham, Kent, England, together with Mary King, Alfred King, Emily King and John King.6 |
|Marriage*||15 MAY 1864 ||John King married Emma Dinah Lane, daughter of James Lane and Dinah Streatfield, on 15 MAY 1864 at St George the Martyr, Southwark, Surrey, England.7,8 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||John King and Emma Dinah Lane lived at 41 High Street, Farningham, Kent, England, together with Alfred King and Emily King.9 |
|Occupation||1874 ||The occupation of John King was 'Publican' Farningham, Kent.10 |
|Occupation||4 APR 1881 ||The occupation of John King was 'Retired Publican.11' |
|Residence*||4 APR 1881 ||He and Emma Dinah Lane lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, England.12 |
|Occupation||30 MAR 1891 ||The occupation of John King was 'Beer House Keeper.13' |
|Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He and Emma Dinah Lane lived at The Royal Oak, West Yoke, Kent, England.13 |
|Death*||SEP 1898 ||John King died in SEP 1898 at Ash next Ridley, Kent, aged 76.14 |
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), marriage; Richard King & Sarah Colyer, Ash by Wrotham, Kent; M130902.
- [S55] Emma King's Diary, on Sunday March 8, 1874 Being Kings birthday in the afternoon we drove up
to Kingsdown Church then Drove to Knockmill from there to Woodlands round
Knats to Maplescomb Beesfield to Farningham.
- [S48] Parish Register, Christening Records 1520-1906; England & Wales; parents Richard & Sarah.
- [S17] BMD indices, Medway, Kent vol 5 401 Jan-Mar1849.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S80] London, Marriages & Banns, marriage; John King, widower, father Richard, & Emma Wansbury, widow, father James Lane, Southwark, Surrey, no 95. p48.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Emma Wansbury & John King, St George Southwark, Apr-Jun 1864, vol 1d 152.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", Post Office Directory, 1874, Farningham.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, KEN 0906/10/13.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, next to William & Emma Stacey.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 76; Dartford, Kent vol 2a 351 Jul-Sep 1898.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age 10 at census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age 7 at census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age 4 at census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age 1 at census.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016