William James Sherwood1
#3638, (1833-December 1861)
|Birth*||1833 ||William James Sherwood was born in 1833 at Kinson, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||25 DEC 1833 ||He was baptized on 25 DEC 1833 at Kinson Chapel, Great Canford, Dorset, England.2 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1841 ||He lived at Poole Union Workhouse, Poole, Dorset, England.3 |
|Marriage*||2 AUG 1851 ||He married Martha Maria Galton, daughter of Henry Galton and Elizabeth Cobell, on 2 AUG 1851 at St Mary's Church, Longfleet, Poole, Dorset, England.4,5 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1861 ||William James Sherwood was employed as Seaman, merchant service.6 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1861 ||He and Martha Maria Galton lived at Thames Street, Poole, Dorset, England, together with William Edward Sherwood, Ellen Eliza Sherwood and Mary Elizabeth Sherwood.6 |
|Death*||DEC 1861 ||William James Sherwood died in DEC 1861 at Poole, Dorset, England.7,8 |
|Burial*||27 DEC 1861 ||He was buried on 27 DEC 1861 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.8 |
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt. William James Sherwood, father Charles, mother Mary; Great Canford, Dorset.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt. William James Sherwood, father Charles, mother Mary; Great Canford, Dorset. no. 386.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, age 8. with mother Mary.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Martha Maria Galton & William Sherwood, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1851, vol 8 133.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage, Martha Maria Galton, 20, father Henry, captain of vessel; & William Sherwood,19, father Charles, sailor; Longfleet, Poole. no. 103, p 52.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, Poole, Dorset, Oct-Dec 1861, vol 5a 172.
- [S48] Parish Register, burial, age 30. William Sherwood St James, Poole, no. 1410.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, age & birthplace.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016