Edward Stanley Mellor1
#3874, (July 1890-11 March 1931)
|Birth*||JUL 1890 ||Edward Stanley Mellor was born in JUL 1890 at Garston, Lancashire, England.1 |
|Baptism||2 AUG 1890 ||He was baptized on 2 AUG 1890 at St Mary's Church, Grassendale, Childwall, Lancashire, England.2 |
|Occupation*||2 APR 1911 ||The occupation of Edward Stanley Mellor was 'Medical Student.3' |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at Birkdale Park Smedley Hydropathic, Formby, Lancashire, England.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||19 DEC 1914 ||He began military service on 19 DEC 1914.5 |
|Marriage*||DEC 1918 ||He married Dorothy Joan Manley, daughter of Arthur Douglas Manley and Lucy Streatfield, in DEC 1918 at Dartford, Kent, England.6 |
|Milit-End*||19 JUN 1927 ||Edward Stanley Mellor ended military service on 19 JUN 1927 as Surgeon Commander.7 |
|Death*||11 MAR 1931 ||He died on 11 MAR 1931 at Melina Tower, Beltinge Road, Herne Bay, Kent, England, aged 40.8,9 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, West Derby, Lancs. Jul-Sep 1890, vol 8b 620.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt. parents Joseph Hyde & Amy Mellor, St Mary Grassendale. Lancs.no. 627. father a wine merchant.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census, age & birthplace, as boarder.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, Navy Lists; as Temporary Surgeon from 19 Dec 1914.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Edward S Mellor & Dorothy J Manley, Medway, Kent, Oct-Dec 1918, vol 2a 1733.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, Navy Lists; retired by Order in Council 12 Oct 1925 as Surgeon Commander.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 40, Blean, Kent. Mar 1931, vol 2a 1623.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, to his widow Dorothy Joan Mellor.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Medway, Kent, Apr-Jun 1919, vol 2a 1056. mother Manley.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Devonport, Devon, Jul-Sep 1924, vol 5b 505. mother Manley.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Blean, Kent, Jul-Sep 1928, vol 2a 1596. mother Manley.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016