Edward Robert Wills1
#4887, (April 1894-31 May 1916)
|Birth*||APR 1894 ||Edward Robert Wills was born in APR 1894 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||30 MAY 1894 ||He was baptized on 30 MAY 1894 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Kate Lilian Denner at 10 New Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Lilian Gladys Wills, Thomas John Wills, Herbert Denner Wills and Margaret Emma Wills.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Edward Robert Wills lived with Thomas James Wills and Gertrude Priscilla Harding at 10 New Cut, Bacter, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Herbert Denner Wills, Margaret Emma Wills, Ellen Ruth Wills and Henry Francis G Wills.5 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Edward Robert Wills was employed as Errand boy, greengrocer.6 |
|Milit-End*||31 MAY 1916 ||He ended military service on 31 MAY 1916, K/16208, Sto. Ist Cl. HMS Queen Mary.7 |
|Death*||31 MAY 1916 ||He died on 31 MAY 1916 at HMS 'Queen Mary', Battle of Jutland, North Sea, England, aged 22.8 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Apr-Jun 1894, vol 5a 259.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & birthplace.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Edward Robert Wills, parents Thomas & kate Lilian; St James, Poole, no 2762, p 332.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, listed as wife, no husband at home.
- [S68] The 1911 census, note the form has been filled in to suggest that Gertrude had 7 children and was married 22 years.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, ' HMS Queen Mary', nephew of Mrs Edwards, 52 Lagland Street, Poole.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, on the battle cruiser HMS Queen Mary, lost at the battle of Jutland; body not recovered.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016