#5042, (2 October 1874-June 1939)
|Birth*||2 OCT 1874 ||George Lane was born on 2 OCT 1874 at Croydon, Surrey, England.1,3 |
|Baptism||5 SEP 1875 ||He was baptized on 5 SEP 1875 at St John the Baptist, Croydon, Surrey, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with George James Lane and Mary Ann Costar at Church Road, Croydon, Surrey, England, together with Emma Lane, Mary Ann Lane, Eliza Lane and Alice Lane.4 |
|Employment*||5 APR 1891 ||George Lane was employed as Militiaman.5 |
|Residence*||5 APR 1891 ||He lived at Stoughton Barracks, Guildford, Surrey, England.5 |
|Marriage*||22 APR 1896 ||He married Emma Potter on 22 APR 1896 at Registry Office, Croydon, Surrey, England, witnessed by Mary Ann Lane.6 |
|Employment||2 APR 1911 ||George Lane was employed as House Painter.7 |
|Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He and Emma Potter lived at 8 Dickinson Place, South Norwood, Surrey, England, together with Frederick Lane, Hector George Lane, Sidney Lane, Florence Lane, Roland Maurice George Lane and Alfred Dennis Lane.7 |
|Residence*||1917 ||George Lane and Emma Potter lived at 8 Dickinson Lane, Woodside, South Norwood, Surrey, England.6 |
|Death*||JUN 1939 ||George Lane died in JUN 1939 at Croydon, Surrey, aged 64.8 |
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt., George Lane, parents George & Mary, St John, Croydon, no 1763, p 221.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age & birthplace.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Croydon, Surrey, Oct-Dec 1874, vol 2a 205.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, wih mother-in-law.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, 2nd Regimental District, Queens Royal West Surrey Regt., Stoughton Barracks, Guildford.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, Army Pension Records, 1917.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 64, Croydon, Surrey, Jun 1939, vol 2a 706.
- [S68] The 1911 census, age & birthplace.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016