#25, (23 June 1879-4 January 1967)
|Birth*||23 JUN 1879 ||Alice French was born on 23 JUN 1879 at Finchingfield, Essex, EnglandG.4,5 |
|(Witness) Residence||31 MAR 1881 ||She lived with Thomas French and Eliza Coe at Silverleys Farm, Felsted, Essex, EnglandG, together with Ellen J French.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||31 MAR 1891 ||Alice French lived with Thomas French and Eliza Coe at Felsted, EssexG, together with Ellen J French, Lily French, Rosa French, Thomas James French, Albert George French and Edith French.6 |
|Residence*||31 MAR 1901 ||Alice French lived at 12 Somers Road, Brixton, London, EnglandG.7 |
|Marriage*||26 DEC 1904 ||She married Peter James Jefferies, son of Peter Button Jefferies and Sarah Harrington, on 26 DEC 1904 at St. Leonard's Church, Streatham, London, EnglandG, witnessed by Alice Ethel Jefferies.8,9 |
|Married Name||26 DEC 1904 ||Her married name was Jefferies. |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1911 ||Alice French and Peter James Jefferies lived at 379 Lyham Road, Brixton, London, EnglandG, together with Edith Alice Jefferies and Thomas James French.10 |
|Marriage*||JUL 1926 ||Alice French married Henry Thomas Bell in JUL 1926 at Lambeth, Surrey, EnglandG.11 |
|Married Name||JUL 1926 ||Her married name was Bell.11 |
|(Witness) Burial||15 FEB 1928 ||She witnessed the burial of Sarah Harrington on 15 FEB 1928 at Streatham Cemetery, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.12 |
|Death*||4 JAN 1967 ||Alice French died on 4 JAN 1967 at 5 Bellville Road, Battersea, London, EnglandG, aged 87.13,14 |
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage certificate.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, on Alice's marriage certificate.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Braintree, Essex, Jul-Sep 1879, vol 4a 448.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, Alice Jefferies.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, visitor to John & Jane Hardy's Greengrocers.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; Peter James Jefferies, 26, father Peter Button, & Alice French, 25, father Thomas, St Leonards, Streatham no 109.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Wandsworth, Surrey Oct-Dec 1904, vol 1d 1105.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, Thomas French, age 24, single, visitor; Groom, Felstead Essex.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, Alice Jefferies & Henry Thomas Bell; Lambeth Surrey, Jul-Sep 1926, vol 1d 804.
- [S66] Obit., In Obituary notice from the Streatham News p 5 17 Feb 1928. Service at house by Rev Walter Penny of Croydon.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Death certificate, issued 5 Jan 1967. widow of Jesse Hewlett.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 87, Wandsworth, London, Jan-Mar 1967, 5e 738.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016