Emma Dinah Lane1
|Father*||James Lane b. 1768, d. Jul 1823|
|Mother*||Dinah Streatfield b. 1779, d. 2 May 1866|
|Charts||Michael Jefferies' ancestors|
Louise Simon's ancestors
David Jefferies' ancestors (#1)
David Jefferies' ancestors (#2)
The Lanes from Chelsfield
The Wansburys of Shoreham
The Streatfields from Farningham
|Birth*||4 DEC 1819||Emma Dinah Lane was born on 4 DEC 1819 at Eynsford, Kent, England.2|
|Baptism||23 JAN 1820||She was baptized on 23 JAN 1820 at St Martin of Tours, Eynsford, Kent, England.1|
|Marriage*||27 MAR 1842||She married William Wansbury, son of Robert Wansbury and Martha Plummer, on 27 MAR 1842 at Holy Trinity Church, Dartford, Kent, England.3,4|
|Marriage*||15 MAY 1864||Emma Dinah Lane married John King, son of Richard King and Sarah Colyer, on 15 MAY 1864 at St George the Martyr Church, Southwark, Surrey, England.5,6|
|Death*||1 JUN 1891||Emma Dinah Lane died on 1 JUN 1891 at The Royal Oak, West Yoke, Kent, England, aged 71.7,8,2|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841||She lived with Joseph Johnson and Dinah Streatfield at Farningham, Kent, England, together with Jesse Lane and Jesse William Davis.9|
|Residence*||26 MAR 1842||Emma Dinah Lane lived at Overy Street, Dartford, Kent, England.10|
|Married Name||Her married name was Wansbury.11|
|Residence*||30 MAR 1851||She and William Wansbury lived at Farningham, Kent, together with Ellen Wansbury, Mark Wansbury, Emma Dinah Wansbury, George Charles Wansbury and John Thomas Davis.12|
|(Witness) Death||19 JUL 1853||Emma Dinah Lane witnessed the Death of William Wansbury on 19 JUL 1853 at Farningham, Kent.13,14|
|Residence||30 MAR 1861||Emma Dinah Lane lived at Farningham Hill, Farningham, Kent, England, together with Mary Wansbury, Mark Wansbury and Ellen Wansbury.15|
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1861||The occupation of Emma Dinah Lane was 'Dressmaker.15'|
|Married Name||Her married name was King.16|
|(Witness) Death||2 MAY 1866||She witnessed the Death of Dinah Streatfield on 2 MAY 1866 at Farningham, Kent.17,18|
|Residence||30 MAR 1871||Emma Dinah Lane and John King lived at 41 High Street, Farningham, Kent, England, together with Alfred King and Emily King.19|
|Nickname||Emma Dinah Lane also went by the name of Grandmother King.20|
|Residence*||4 APR 1881||She and John King lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, England.21|
|Residence||30 MAR 1891||Emma Dinah Lane and John King lived at West Yoke, Kent.22|
|William Wansbury b. Jul 1818, d. 19 Jul 1853|
|Marriage*||27 MAR 1842||Emma Dinah Lane married William Wansbury, son of Robert Wansbury and Martha Plummer, on 27 MAR 1842 at Dartford, Kent.3,4|
|Last Edited||13 Nov 2018|
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), bapt, Emma Lane, father James, mother Dinah; Eynsford; C131382.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, Grandmother King, b 1819, died June 1 -91.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Emma Lane & William Wansberry or Wansbury, father Robert, Dartford, Kent, Apr-Jun 1842, vol 5 135. fhl 1469339.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage, William Wansbury, father Robert, & Emma Lane, father James; Dartford, Kent. no. 106, 1842. fhl 1469339.
- [S80] London, Marriages & Banns, marriage; John King, widower, father Richard, & Emma Wansbury, widow, father James Lane, Southwark, Surrey, no 95. p48.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage, Emma Wansbury & John King, St George Southwark, Apr-Jun 1864, vol 1d 152.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death, age 71, Farningham, Kent, no. 356. Malignant disease of the bladder;.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 71, Dartford, Kent, Apr-Jun 1891 2a 336.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Marriage, TE278826, William WANSBURY, Emma LANE.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death; age 34, Farningham, Kent, no. 402, 1853. TB and pneumonia; witnessed by Jane Sparks.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, Dartford, Kent, Jul-Sep 1853, vol 2a 134.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage John King & Emma Wansbury.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death; age 88, Farningham, Kent. no. 488. infirmity of age.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, From George C Wansbury to a sister; dated 4 May 1866.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S14] JEFFERIES, Frank William; Memoirs (1991).
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, next to William & Emma Stacey.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible #1; Inscription 3.