#2047, (1813-before 1881)
|Birth*||1813 ||Henry Galton was born in 1813 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||31 DEC 1813 ||He was baptized on 31 DEC 1813 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.2 |
|Marriage*||22 SEP 1831 ||He married Elizabeth Cobell on 22 SEP 1831 at Poole, Dorset.3 |
|Death*||b 1881 ||Henry Galton died b 1881at sea?4 |
|Name Variation||1813 ||He was also known as Golton.5 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||He and Elizabeth Cobell lived at Russell Place, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Suzanna Galton, Martha Maria Galton and John William Galton.6 |
|AWArd*||30 OCT 1851 ||Henry Galton was awarded 'Chief Mate & Master Service in Coastal Trades.' on 30 OCT 1851.7 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||He and Elizabeth Cobell lived at Caroline Row, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Suzanna Galton, Maria Galton and Edward Richard Galton.8 |
|Employment*||30 JUN 1870 ||Henry Galton was employed as Ship's Mate.9 |
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1871 ||The occupation of Henry Galton was 'Mariner.10' |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Elizabeth Cobell lived at 23 Caroline Road, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Suzanna Galton.10 |
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, as Henry Golton.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt. as Henry Golton; father Thmas Golton, mother Susanna Pelly. St James, Poole, no 137, p 18.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, Henry Golton & Elizabeth Cobell, Poole. St James, no. 422.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, not in census from 1881 onward.
- [S48] Parish Register, Dorset FHS transcription of parish register. Surname recorded as Golton.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S50] Official communication, UK Masters Certificate of Service, no 54.464. Chief Mate & Master, 25 years in the Coaster Trades.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S104] Crew lists, Mate on the 'Express' Poole/London & return.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father Henry Galton, mother Elizabeth.
- [S17] BMD indices, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1845, vol 8 63.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016