John William Galton1
#2060, (1837-June 1880)
|Birth*||1837 ||John William Galton was born in 1837 at Poole, Dorset, England.1 |
|Baptism||14 APR 1837 ||He was baptized on 14 APR 1837 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, England.2 |
|Marriage*||30 NOV 1857 ||He married Rebecca Trokes Thompson on 30 NOV 1857 at Poole, Dorset.3 |
|Death*||JUN 1880 ||John William Galton died in JUN 1880 at Southampton, Hampshire, England.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||He lived with Henry Galton and Elizabeth Cobell at Russell Place, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Suzanna Galton and Martha Maria Galton.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||John William Galton lived with Elizabeth Cobell at Russel Place, Poole, Dorset, England, together with Martha Maria Galton, Suzanna Galton, Eleanor Elizabeth Galton and Edward Richard Galton.6 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1871 ||John William Galton was employed as Seaman.7 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Rebecca Trokes Thompson lived at 18 College Street, Southampton, Hampshire, England, together with Sarah Galton.7 |
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father Henry Galton, mother Elizabeth.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt., father Henry Galton, mother Elizabeth.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, John Golton & Rebecca Forbes Thompson, father James, Poole. St James, no. 394.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 43, as John Golton, Southampton, Hants., Apr-Jun 1880, vol. 2c 18.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, husband Master mariner, not home.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016