Osborne Leonard Gough1
#2609, (22 March 1885-3 May 1917)
|Birth*||22 MAR 1885 ||Osborne Leonard Gough was born on 22 MAR 1885 at Wrexham, Denbigh, Wales.1 |
|Marriage*||OCT 1906 ||He married Sarah Elizabeth Jones, daughter of Thomas Jones and Jane Williams, in OCT 1906 at Wrexham, Denbigh.4 |
|Death*||3 MAY 1917 ||Osborne Leonard Gough killed in action on 3 MAY 1917 at Bullecourt, Picardy, France, aged 32.5 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Faubourg-d'Amiens Cemetery, Arras, Picardy, France.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with David Gough and Ann Bunting at Poplar Cottages, Lower Gwersyllt, Denbigh, Wales, together with Roland Gough, Reece M Gough, Ada Miriam Gough, David Robert Gough, Ernest Llwelyn Gough, Harold Cadwalida Gough, Ethel Florence Gough and Walter Gladwyn Gough.3 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Osborne Leonard Gough was employed as Miner (coal hewer.)7 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at 37 Wheldon Road, Casteleford, Yorkshire, England.8 |
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Leonard Gough Osbourne.9 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth; Wrexham, Denbigh, Apr-Jun 1885, vol 11b 293.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 47.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage; Wrexham, Denbigh, Oct-Dec 1906, vol 11b 478.
- [S71] UK WW1 records, killed in action; Bullecourt, France (rec. as Leonard Gough Osbourne); Sgt. 2/5th Batallion, King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Commonwealth War Graves; addenda panel. Name as Leonard Gough Osbourne.
- [S68] The 1911 census.
- [S68] The 1911 census, staying with brother Ernest Llewellyn Gough, wife Eliza Adelaide & her father Edwin Wright.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Commonwealth War Graves; addenda panel. Name as Leonard Gough Osbourne. Error discovered by his granddaughter Hilary Mead.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 92, Pontefract, Yorks. Dec 2003, B39D 098/1B 262.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016