William Leonard Smith1
#3050, (14 June 1880-29 May 1940)
|Birth*||14 JUN 1880 ||William Leonard Smith was born on 14 JUN 1880 at 1 Bismark House, New Road, Chatham, Kent, EnglandG.1,3 |
|Baptism||11 AUG 1880 ||He was baptized on 11 AUG 1880 at St John's Church, Chatham, Kent, EnglandG.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with John Smith and Elizabeth Gibson at 48 Old Road, Chatham, Kent, EnglandG, together with Sidney Edward Smith.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||William Leonard Smith lived with Elizabeth Gibson at Chatham, KentG, together with Sidney Edward Smith and Matilda Smith.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||William Leonard Smith lived with Elizabeth Gibson at 29 Church Street, Chatham, Kent, EnglandG.7 |
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1907 ||William Leonard Smith married Mary Gertrude Chapman on 4 AUG 1907 at St Margaret's Church, Rochester, Kent, EnglandG.8,9 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||William Leonard Smith was employed as Flour Mill labourer.10 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He and Mary Gertrude Chapman lived at 19 Arundell Street, Sculcoates, Hull, Yorkshire, EnglandG, together with Edith Winifred Chapman.11 |
|Death*||29 MAY 1940 ||William Leonard Smith died on 29 MAY 1940 at Hull, Yorkshire, EnglandG, aged 59.12 |
|Burial*||1 JUN 1940 ||He was buried on 1 JUN 1940 at Hedon Road Cemetery, Hull, Yorkshire, EnglandG.12 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Medway, Kent, Jul-Sep 1880, vol 2a 528.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age & place.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, birth; Medway, Gillingham, parents John Smith & Elizabeth Gibson, no 429, 10 Jul 1880.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt., parents John & Elizabeth Smith, St John's Chatham no 950, p 119.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, John Smith has 2 sons, John, age 17 & Edward, age 16 & dau. Mary Ann, age 11 living in, as well as the 2 children here.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, as widow, tailoress.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, as Elizabeth Bear with John J Bear, housepainter, son Leonard.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Mary Gertrude Chapman & William Leonard Smith, Medway, Kent, Jul-Sep 1907, vol 2a 1541.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; William Leonard Smith, 28, father John, & Mary Gertrude,Chapman, 30, father Philip, St Margarets, Rochester, no 500.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, note marriage length is wrong.
- [S37] Family photo, photo of gravestone online. with wife and dau.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Sculcoates, Yorks., Apr-Jun 1912, vol 9d 356. mother Chapman.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Sculcoates, Yorks., Jul-Sep 1913, vol 9d 410. mother Chapman.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016