Jesse William Davis1,2
#1130, (27 December 1836-December 1859)
|Birth*||27 DEC 1836 ||Jesse William Davis was born on 27 DEC 1836 at Newington, Surrey, EnglandG.2,3 |
|Baptism||1 FEB 1837 ||He was baptized on 1 FEB 1837 at St Mary's Church, Newington, Surrey, EnglandG.1,2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||He lived with Joseph Johnson and Dinah Streatfield at Farningham, Kent, EnglandG, together with Emma Dinah Lane and Jesse Lane.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||Jesse William Davis lived with Dinah Streatfield at Farningham, KentG, together with Jesse Lane.5 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1851 ||Jesse William Davis was employed as Errand Boy.5 |
|Death*||DEC 1859 ||He died in DEC 1859 at Newington, SurreyG.6 |
|Note*|| ||Mary Wansbury inherited some of his books.7 |
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, London, England, births & baptisms; St Mary, Newington, Southwark, Middlesex.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), C055632.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, age 14 at census.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, Newintgton, Surrey, Oct-Dec 1859, vol 1d 175.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, New Testament, pub. SPCK, London 1845. Inscribed in front "Mary Wansbury" and "Jefse Davis July 16th 1848" in copperplate and 'Jefse Davis, Farningham, Kent" in pencil in back.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016