Martin James Mathers1
#1626, (April 1864-20 April 1906)
|Birth*||APR 1864 ||Martin James Mathers was born in APR 1864 at Driffield, Yorkshire, EnglandG.1 |
|Baptism||19 MAY 1864 ||He was baptized on 19 MAY 1864 at Great Driffield, Yorkshire, EnglandG.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with Thomas Mathers and Jane Atkin at 7 Adelphi Street, Great Driffield, Yorkshire, EnglandG, together with George Robert Mathers.3 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1881 ||Martin James Mathers was employed as Apprentice joiner & cabinet maker.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with Henry Jefferies and Martha Atkin at 3, Vertigan Terrace, Eardley Road, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG, together with Harriet Mary Jefferies, Martha Fanny Jefferies, Hannah Elizabeth Jefferies and George Atkin Jefferies.4 |
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1891 ||The occupation of Martin James Mathers was 'Carpenter.4' |
|Residence*||1898 ||He lived at 31, Natal Road, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.5 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1902 ||He married Margaretta Best Osborn in JUN 1902 at St Columb, Cornwall, EnglandG.6 |
|Death*||20 APR 1906 ||He died on 20 APR 1906 at 'Hillside', Gladstone Street, Bedford, Bedfordshire, EnglandG.7,8 |
- [S17] BMD indices, Driffield, East Riding, Yorks, Apr-Jun 1864. vol 9d 261.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt; Martin James Mathers, parents Thomas & Jane, Great Driffield, Yorks, 991083.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", London Electoral Registers, 1898. Martin James Mathers, one furnished room, 1st floor. 6s pw.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Martin James Mathers & Margaretta Best Osborn, St Columb, Cornwall, Apr-Jun 1902, vol 5c 159.
- [S17] BMD indices, Biggleswade, Beds, Apr-Jun 1906, vol 3b 203.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, date & place; probate to widow Margaretta Best Mathers.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016