#1798, (October 1879-March 1938)
|Birth*||OCT 1879 ||Thomas Stratfield was born in OCT 1879 at Islington, Middlesex, EnglandG.1 |
|Baptism||26 OCT 1879 ||He was baptized on 26 OCT 1879 at St James the Apostle, Islington, Middlesex, EnglandG.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with William Streatfield and Ann Bachelor at 12 Shepparton Road, Islington, London, EnglandG, together with William Richard Streatfield, Edward Charles Streatfield, Charles Stratfield, Alice Stratfield, Mary Stratfield, George Stratfield, Annie Stratfield, Thomas Stratfield and John George Stratfield.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||1 OCT 1897 ||Thomas Stratfield began military service on 1 OCT 1897 at Dalston, London, EnglandG.6 |
|Employment*||NOV 1897 ||He was employed as Horse Hair Dresser.7 |
|Milit-End*||14 MAR 1899 ||He ended military service on 14 MAR 1899 at Dover, Kent, EnglandG; absent without leave and courtmartialled in absence.8 |
|Marriage*||17 SEP 1899 ||He married Harriet Odell on 17 SEP 1899 at St Mary the Virgin, Edmonton, Middlesex, EnglandG.9 |
|(Witness) Marriage||14 JUN 1908 ||Thomas Stratfield witnessed the marriage of Henry Rawlings and Emma Lily Streatfield on 14 JUN 1908 at St Martin, Islington, Middlesex, EnglandG.10,11 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||Thomas Stratfield and Harriet Odell lived at 44D Block, Peabody Buildings, Edmonton, Middlesex, EnglandG.12 |
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1919 ||Thomas Stratfield married Charlotte Louisa Peffer on 4 AUG 1919 at St Silas, Pentonville, Middlesex, EnglandG.13 |
|Residence||1922 ||Thomas Stratfield and Charlotte Louisa Peffer lived at 7 Denmark Road, Islington, Middlesex, EnglandG.14 |
|Death*||MAR 1938 ||Thomas Stratfield died in MAR 1938 at Islington, MiddlesexG, aged 58.15 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Islington, London, Oct-Dec 1879, vol 1b 405.
- [S76] London Births & Baptisms, birth/bapt. Thomas Stratfield, father William, mother Ann; Islington Parish, no 382.
- [S17] BMD indices, Islington, Grt. London, Oct-Dec 1879, vol 1b 405.
- [S76] London Births & Baptisms, bapt., Thomas Stratfield, father William, mother Annie; St James, Islington, no 382, p 48.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S77] British Army records, enlisted on Short Service, no 5555, West Riding Regt.for 17 years. height given as 5ft 3in.
- [S77] British Army records, Short Service, no 5555 Thomas Stratfield, West Ria Regt.
- [S77] British Army records, enlisted on Short Service, no 5555, West Riding Regt.for 17 years.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Thomas Stratfield, 20, father William (dec.), & Harriett Odell, 20, father Samuel, St Mary, Edmonton, no 164, p 82.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Henry Rawlings, 24, father Charles, & Emma Stratfield, 22, father William (dec.), St Martin, Islington no 273, p 137.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Emma Stratfield & Henry Rawlings, Islington, London, Apr-Jun 1908, vol 1b 507.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, married, no chldren.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Thomas Stratfield, 38, widower, father William (dec.), & Charlotte Louisa Newman, 37, father Thomas Peffer, St Mary, Edmonton, no 256, p 128.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", London Electoral Roll, Islington , E & S, 1922, p 154.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 56, Islington, Lndon, Mar 1938, vol 1b 197.
- [S124] 1939 census, Charlotte Stratfield, b 1884, widow, charwoman, & Thomas Stratfield, b 1920, single.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016