George James Knighton1
#15630, (5 July 1874-8 November 1947)
|Birth*||5 JUL 1874 ||George James Knighton was born on 5 JUL 1874 at Islip, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with David Jervis and Charlotte Bettles at Islip, NorthamptonshireG, together with William Henry Knighton and Elizabeth Annie Jervis.3 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1891 ||George James Knighton was employed as Private, RGA (shoe fitter).4 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived at Barracks, Leicester Road, Nrthampton, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.4 |
|Marriage*||22 MAY 1899 ||He married Ethel Mary Ansell on 22 MAY 1899 at St Edmund's Church, Hardingstone, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.5,6 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||George James Knighton and Ethel Mary Ansell lived at 20 Colwell Street, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, EnglandG, together with Constance Ethel Nina Knighton.7 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||George James Knighton was employed as Police constable.8 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at Yardley Gobion, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.8 |
|Residence*||29 SEP 1939 ||He and Ethel Mary Ansell lived at Main Street, Islip, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.9 |
|Death*||8 NOV 1947 ||George James Knighton died on 8 NOV 1947 at 44 Findon Street, Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire, EnglandG, aged 73.1 |
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 73, Wellingborough, Northants., Oct-Dec 1947, vol 3b 589.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Thrapston, Northants., Jul-Sep 1874, vol 3b 179.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, also 3 Jarvis children from 1st marriage to Hepsibah Lyon.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Ethel Mary Ansell & George James Knighton, Hardingstone, Northants., Apr-Jun 1899, vol3b 93.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; George James Knighton, 24, father Henry (dec) & Ethel Mary ansell, 25, father Thomas, Hardingstone, Northants., no 35, p 18.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S124] 1939 register.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016