#2126, (26 October 1854-21 August 1925)
|Birth*||26 OCT 1854 ||Ida Shook was born on 26 OCT 1854 at Summerfield, Marion, Florida, USAG.3,4 |
|Residence||1 JUN 1860 ||She lived at Welaka, Putnam, Florida, USAG.5 |
|Residence||8 AUG 1870 ||She lived at Welaka, Putnam, FloridaG.6 |
|(Witness) Residence||8 AUG 1870 ||She lived with Franklin Birdshaw Shook and Agnes Louisa Perry at Welaka, Putnam, FloridaG.7 |
|Marriage*||1 AUG 1872 ||Ida Shook married John Martin Hires on 1 AUG 1872 at Welaka, Putnam, FloridaG.3 |
|Marriage*||31 JUL 1878 ||Ida Shook married Thomas Hind, son of Joseph Hind and Sarah Creswick, on 31 JUL 1878 at Georgetown, Putnam, Florida, USAG.8 |
|Residence*||10 JUN 1880 ||Ida Shook and Thomas Hind lived at Putnam, Florida, USAG, together with Sarah Louise Hind.9 |
|Residence*||1 JUN 1900 ||Ida Shook lived at Georgetown, Putnam, FloridaG, together with Sarah Louise Hind, Thomas Franklin Hind, Ida Hind, Mabel Florence Hind, Oliver Hind and Mary Vivian Hind.10 |
|Occupation*||1 JUN 1900 ||The occupation of Ida Shook was 'Seller of Groceries & drygoods.11' |
|Residence||3 JAN 1920 ||She lived at Georgetown, Putnam, FloridaG.12 |
|Death*||21 AUG 1925 ||She died on 21 AUG 1925 at Georgetown, Putnam, FloridaG, aged 70.13,14 |
|Burial*||24 AUG 1925 ||She was buried on 24 AUG 1925 at Beulah Baptist Cemetery, Georgetown, Putnam, Florida, USAG.15,16 |
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, from Kraft-Banks family tree on Ancestry.co, on 8/Apr/10.
- [S99] US Federal Census 1870, with parents BF & Lucy Shook.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Family Bible in possession of Sally Howard.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Wikitree at http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Shook-133 for parents.
- [S88] US Federal Census 1860, with parents BF & Nancy Louise.
- [S99] US Federal Census 1870, with parents BF & Lucy, blacksmith.
- [S99] US Federal Census 1870.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; Thomas Hind & Ida Hires, Marriage license for Florida, Putnam County dated 28 June 1878 & returned 31 July 1878.
- [S81] 10th US Federal Census, Precinct 2, Putnam County, Florida, 10 June 1880. 6 servants.
- [S43] US census, 1900, and five other children; Thomas T, Ida, Mabel, Oliver and Mary.
- [S43] US census, 1900.
- [S41] US census, 1920.
- [S53] Florida BMD, death, Putnam FL, 1925, vol. 262, no. 11319.
- [S66] Obit., Mrs. Ida Shook Hind died Friday night at her home in Georgetown after a
Mrs. Hind was 73 years of age and was the wife of the late Senator Tom Hind, one
of Putnam County's foremost developers. Her parents were pioneer settlers in
the Fruitland section.
Mrs. Hind was a member of the Beulah Baptist Church and was actively interested
in church work in her earlier years.
Surviving her are four daughters and two sons: Mrs. George E. Jeffries, Jr.,
and Mrs. J. E. Davis, of Jacksonville, Mrs. Ida Tucker, and Mrs. W. S. Beggs, of
Georgetown, and Frank Hind and Oliver Hind, of Georgetown.
The interment was in the Beulah Baptist Church Cemetery Saturday at Fruitland.
(Times-Herald Obituary dtd Friday, 28 Aug 1925.).
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Wikitree at http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Shook-133 for death, siblings etc..
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, findagrave.com, no. 5236816. birth & death dates.
- [S43] US census, 1900, Precinct 2, Putnam County, Florida, age 45.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Family Bible in posession of Sally Howard.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016