|Birth*||JUN 1845||Benjamin Smith was born in JUN 1845 at Bedingfield, Suffolk, EnglandG.2,3|
|Baptism||17 AUG 1845||He was baptized on 17 AUG 1845 at St Mary's Church, Bedingfield, Suffolk, EnglandG.3|
|Residence*||30 MAR 1851||He lived at Bedingfield, SuffolkG.4|
|Residence||30 MAR 1861||He lived at Eye Road, Kenton, Suffolk, EnglandG.5|
|Employment*||30 MAR 1861||He was employed as Groom.6|
|Immigration*||1871||He immigrated in 1871 to Ontario, CanadaG.7|
|Marriage*||4 JUN 1873||He married Kate Alice Bloomfield, daughter of Elizabeth Bloomfield, on 4 JUN 1873 at Baptist Chapel, Maidstone, Essex, Ontario, CanadaG.8|
|Emigration*||1875||Benjamin Smith and Kate Alice Bloomfield emigrated in 1875 from Canada to USA.9|
|ResearchNote*||1 JUL 1875||Research Note: Land Grant registered for 79.95ac doc 478, issued 1 Jul 1875, stat.ref. 12 Stat. 392 at Tallahassee|
1 SWSW Tallahassee No 14 S 21 E 25
2 NWNW Tallahassee No 14 S 21 E 36.10
|Naturalization*||1880||Benjamin Smith was naturalized in 1880 at Putnam, Florida, USAG.11|
|Occupation*||10 JUN 1880||The occupation of Benjamin Smith was 'Farmer.12'|
|Residence*||10 JUN 1880||He and Kate Alice Bloomfield lived at Putnam, FloridaG, together with Rosa Alice Smith.1|
|Note*||10 JUN 1880||Benjamin Smith and Thomas Hind and their families were close neighbours on 10 JUN 1880 at Putnam, FloridaG.13|
|Occupation||10 MAY 1910||The occupation of Benjamin Smith was 'farmer.9'|
|Residence||10 MAY 1910||He and Kate Alice Bloomfield lived at Putnam, FloridaG.14|
|Death*||1919||Benjamin Smith died in 1919 at Jacksonville, Putnam, Florida, USAG.15|
|Kate Alice Bloomfield b. 31 Jul 1847, d. 24 Apr 1934|
|Marriage*||4 JUN 1873||He married Kate Alice Bloomfield, daughter of Elizabeth Bloomfield, on 4 JUN 1873 at Maidstone, Essex, OntarioG.8|
|Last Edited||7 Jun 2021|
- [S81] 10th US Federal Census, Precinct 2, Putnam County, Florida, 10 June 1880.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Hoxne, Suffolk, Jul-Sep 1845, vol 13 440.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt., Benjamin Smith, parents Benjamin & Mary, Bedingfield, Suffolk, fhl 918661.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, with parents Benjamin & Mary & 4 siblings.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, servant Garvey family, farmers.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S61] Passengers, ELLIOTT, BRUCE S. Index to the 1871 Census of Ontario: Hamilton, Wentworth. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1987. 322p. page 268.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, marriage; Benjamin Smith, 26, parents Benjamin & Mary, & Kate Bloomfield, 26, mother Elizabeth. Baptist Church, Maidstone, Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1928.
- [S47] US census, 1910, emigration date given as 1875.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Florida Land Records.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, MAHAFFEY, JANICE SMITH. "Putnam County Naturalizations and C.S.A. Loyalty Oaths, 1853-1906." In The Putnam County Genealogical Society Quarterly (Palatka, FL), no. 1 (Spring 1983), pp. 12-18.
- [S81] 10th US Federal Census.
- [S81] 10th US Federal Census, The Smiths and Hinds were close neighbours in 1880.
- [S47] US census, 1910.
- [S59] USPRI, Florida Death Index, Jax, 1919, vol 61 315.